I've had the G5 for almost a year now. Previouly I had the Sky Caddie 3.0
1. Free courses; no annual subscriptions
2. Don't have to download a specific course or group of courses ahead of time. (I traveled from Dallas to Phoenix and Tucson Thanksgiving and played courses that came up automatically with GPS shortly after turning the unit on).
3. I have found all courses in the Dallas area to be loaded.
4. New software and course downloads at least once per quarter (does take about an hour to doanload)
5. I found one hole on my home course was 30 yards off and they corrected it in the next update.
6. Latest S/W has in addition to scorecard, fairways/putts made and distance shot with each club (that round only).
7. A calibration screen to align touch points.
8. Very good and simple touch screen to see distance left to the pin and how far you hit.
9. Expanded view of hole and you can move the pin location.
10. I use the Rayovac 4.0 rechargeable AA's. They hold a charge while setting up for a long time. I get about 10 hours on them.
11. I've checked the distances with my laser range finder and it is accurate within a couple of yards.
1. A thicker unit than I would like.
2. The belt clip that comes with it makes it stick out too much and catches on the cart. I quickly took that off and bought a cell phone holder that works great and streamlines the profile without the belt clip.
3. It does not come with a charger. You have to take the batteries out and charge them.
4. The screen is hard to see with polarized glassses in the shade. You have to move it to sunlight. You can brighten the screen some by changing the battery type setting from "Alkaline" to " Rechargeable NIMH".