or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Iron/Wedge fitting
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Iron/Wedge fitting

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

I just purchased a set of irons (5-pw), Titleist ap2, the were fitted for me, 1/2 inch short and 2 degrees upright.  Last year I purchased 52, 56 and 60 degree wedges (Titleist Vokey) that were "off the rack".  Should I modify the wedges to match the new irons?

Thanks

post #2 of 7

I have always wondered about this as well. My irons are +3/4" and my wedges are stock length. Sometimes I hit it pretty thin if I am not careful.


 

post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpaulhus View Post

I have always wondered about this as well. My irons are +3/4" and my wedges are stock length. Sometimes I hit it pretty thin if I am not careful.


 


 

I just have an interesting distance gap between my PW ( -1/2", KBS Tour Stiff shaft, soft stepped) at 105-110 and my 52 degree (standard length, S400 shaft) at 90.   Incidentally, there isn't the same gap to the 56 (standard length, S400 shaft, same set as 52) at 80.  Maybe I should re-shaft, as I like the club-heads in these. 

 

post #4 of 7

I've been matching my wedges in length and lie to my irons for awhile now. I am considerably more consistent and can control my wedges better than when i used to just get them off the rack.

 

So to answer your ? yes i would suggest that you match your wedges to your irons. I think you'll be surprised how much of a difference it really makes

post #5 of 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shindig View Post

 

I just have an interesting distance gap between my PW ( -1/2", KBS Tour Stiff shaft, soft stepped) at 105-110 and my 52 degree (standard length, S400 shaft) at 90. ...    Maybe I should re-shaft, as I like the club-heads in these. 


You seem to have a pretty good handle on the yardage diffferences. On the PW, could you choke down a quarter-inch to shave off a little distance?
 

 

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUTiger View Post

Quote:


You seem to have a pretty good handle on the yardage diffferences. On the PW, could you choke down a quarter-inch to shave off a little distance?
 

 


It's certainly what I do when I need to take a little off the PW.  Makes me feel like AK too.  I'm just not sure I like the yardage gaps in the middle of the set, but new shafts for the wedges aren't a high priority.

 

post #7 of 7

You should definitely get your wedges fitted for you. You can buy them off the rack and then have them fitted or get your stats and order them in. IMO they are your scoring clubs and 70% of the game is from 100 yards and in. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Iron/Wedge fitting