or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Is my shaft .580 or .600 ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is my shaft .580 or .600 ?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

Hello,

 

Just joined the site, haven't done my welcome section yet though, will get it done tomorrow probably.

 

Anyways, I've done some productive work today and cut all my old grips and tape off my irons because I'm getting new grips.

 

They are 94/95 Spalding Elite Tour Balancing System / Shaft says: True Temper Pro Fit , I'm not sure if they are .580 or .600.

 

Any help would be much appreciated.

 

Golf Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2 of 8

Either size grip will fit on your shaft.

post #3 of 8

I would get the .580 grips.  That way if the diameter is .580 you are standard and if they are really .600 you are slightly larger (.020) than standard.  Not to worry though because most manufacturers consider the new standard as a .580 on a .600 butt.  I have had my grips set up that way for the last 18 years.  

post #4 of 8

Agree, It's not going to matter much.  As long as they are 'standard' size grips, they will be standard size regardless of the butt diameter.

post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle0614 View Post

They are 94/95 Spalding Elite Tour Balancing System / Shaft says: True Temper Pro Fit
Don't think that tell us what type of shaft you got.

http://www.golfworks.com/category.asp_Q_pc_E_2_A_c_E_79_A_c2c_E_ln
post #6 of 8

I don't want to be harsh to all the previous posts but since he cut off the grips why not (drum roll please)  MEASURE THEM! 

 

Take them to a hardware store and have them use a calipers for you and throw them a buck or two.  Or purchase a cheap plastic vernier caliper.  

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Robert View Post

I don't want to be harsh to all the previous posts but since he cut off the grips why not (drum roll please)  MEASURE THEM! 

 

Take them to a hardware store and have them use a calipers for you and throw them a buck or two.  Or purchase a cheap plastic vernier caliper.  


Since the thread is over a year old, chances are the OP has solved the issue by now.

post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post


Since the thread is over a year old, chances are the OP has solved the issue by now.

Since the world wide web is still attracting inquiring minds that read forums, and since the OP's question and answer senario is repeated over and over thus the time stamp is really irrelavant I would say. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting

Golf Gear mentioned in this thread:

TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Is my shaft .580 or .600 ?