or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › UW Huskies will win the NT this year in college football
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

UW Huskies will win the NT this year in college football

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Mark my words. Sarkisian has brought them back to prominence. They hammered Boise St on Saturday. They are the real deal and would whoop Bamas behind.
post #2 of 16

Have another drink...they seem to be working.

post #3 of 16

One game does not make a season, no matter how good they looked on Saturday night.  Now, if the Huskies beat BOTH Stanford and Oregon in October, that's another story. 

post #4 of 16
The New Testament????
post #5 of 16

Its only been 1 week.  Settle down, kiddo...

post #6 of 16
Yes....and FSU has the greatest QB in NCAA history. Making projections after only one game is fun!
post #7 of 16

1. If they go undefeated, then they have a really good chance of getting into the MNC (Mythical National Championship). 

 

2. They won't go undefeated. 

post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalFuzzyDice View Post

Yes....and FSU has the greatest QB in NCAA history. Making projections after only one game is fun!

and the BCS system is flawed because OSU got moved from #2 to #3 even though they won.

post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Thats the AP Poll not the BCS Poll ....Polls are meaningless in September. Wait for the BCS Poll to come out.
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post

Thats the AP Poll not the BCS Poll ....Polls are meaningless in September. Wait for the BCS Poll to come out.

 

I'm still trying to comprehend how beating a very mediocre Boise St. gives you the idea that Washington will win the national championship.

post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 
Last year when we played LSU it was basically our 4th string and our entire O line was sidelined with injury. Boise State wasnt over ranked but Washington was grossly underanked. I think youll agree with me after the Oregon game.
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post

Last year when we played LSU it was basically our 4th string and our entire O line was sidelined with injury. Boise State wasnt over ranked but Washington was grossly underanked. I think youll agree with me after the Oregon game.

 

Just looked up the 2012 Washington depth chart. Only one offensive lineman was out. The rest were listed as first string. 

 

Apart from that, looks like the starting RB was out, and a couple of defensive changes but not much. 

 

You were just out of your league. Beat Oregon and Stanford, then we can talk. 

post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
You cant go on depth chart its bs. At any rate if we play LSU right now on a nuetral field and UW would win easily.
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post

You cant go on depth chart its bs. At any rate if we play LSU right now on a nuetral field and UW would win easily.

Would UW win? Possibly. Win easily? No.

You've proven you know nothing about college football. Now we'll just see how the season plays out.
post #15 of 16

We have a better chance today than the last time we played that's for sure.. but i don't know about winning EASILY. ;)

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke View Post


Would UW win? Possibly. Win easily? No.

You've proven you know nothing about college football. Now we'll just see how the season plays out.
post #16 of 16

MIcah - I'm as big a Husky fan as you will find. I've seen the highs (National Championship) and lows (Tyrone Willingham) and everything in between since the 1960's.  It looks like this year's team has the best coaching and most talent since the 1990's and I think they will get 8-10 wins this year.  Which, you have to admit, is pretty darn good especially considering they were 0-12 not that long ago. But they have yet to prove they can win consistently on the road against the top teams.

 

UW will have the opportunity to show where they belong in the scheme of things.  Back to back games against Stanford and Oregon in October will determine just how far they have come. Let's hope you are right about the season, but I will reserve judgement until after those games. One thing for sure; they will be entertaining to watch with their new offense.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Sports › UW Huskies will win the NT this year in college football