or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FITTING

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
I saw some discussion on fitting. This shows how much I know. I have clubs. They are a certain length. I don't get to close. I don't stand too far away. I have clubs. They are a certain length.

Please explain a bit about fitting. Thanks.
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always an 80 View Post

I saw some discussion on fitting. This shows how much I know. I have clubs. They are a certain length. I don't get to close. I don't stand too far away. I have clubs. They are a certain length.

Please explain a bit about fitting. Thanks.

Huh
post #3 of 6
I have clubs as well, and yes, they are a certain length.
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

I have clubs as well, and yes, they are a certain length.

How does fitting work? I was suggesting that I just try to play according to the club I have in hand. If I borrow one I adjust to its length best I can. How are fitted clubs specifically different from ones off the rack? Thanks.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always an 80 View Post


How does fitting work? I was suggesting that I just try to play according to the club I have in hand. If I borrow one I adjust to its length best I can. How are fitted clubs specifically different from ones off the rack? Thanks.

 

Ah ok.  They are just fit to your size and swing.  So, length, lie angle, shafts, swing weight, those sort of thing.  Also a good fitting will have you test multiple difference makes of clubs to find you the one that produces the best numbers.    

post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

Ah ok.  They are just fit to your size and swing.  So, length, lie angle, shafts, swing weight, those sort of thing.  Also a good fitting will have you test multiple difference makes of clubs to find you the one that produces the best numbers.    

Thanks for the assistance. We have a shop here in town owned by Tom Howard. I think they are very thorough in testing for correct club fit. I will check it out. I sure cannot play tennis anymore. Heck I can barely run! Not ailing or overweight. Tennis just destroyed my body. Am 50 and ready for golf. Yes I will be renting a cart. lol. Thanks again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting