IGNORED

FITTING

Note: This thread is 3861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I saw some discussion on fitting. This shows how much I know. I have clubs. They are a certain length. I don't get to close. I don't stand too far away. I have clubs. They are a certain length. Please explain a bit about fitting. Thanks.

I saw some discussion on fitting. This shows how much I know. I have clubs. They are a certain length. I don't get to close. I don't stand too far away. I have clubs. They are a certain length. Please explain a bit about fitting. Thanks.

Huh

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have clubs as well, and yes, they are a certain length.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I have clubs as well, and yes, they are a certain length.

How does fitting work? I was suggesting that I just try to play according to the club I have in hand. If I borrow one I adjust to its length best I can. How are fitted clubs specifically different from ones off the rack? Thanks.

How does fitting work? I was suggesting that I just try to play according to the club I have in hand. If I borrow one I adjust to its length best I can. How are fitted clubs specifically different from ones off the rack? Thanks.

Ah ok.  They are just fit to your size and swing.  So, length, lie angle, shafts, swing weight, those sort of thing.  Also a good fitting will have you test multiple difference makes of clubs to find you the one that produces the best numbers.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Ah ok.  They are just fit to your size and swing.  So, length, lie angle, shafts, swing weight, those sort of thing.  Also a good fitting will have you test multiple difference makes of clubs to find you the one that produces the best numbers.

Thanks for the assistance. We have a shop here in town owned by Tom Howard. I think they are very thorough in testing for correct club fit. I will check it out. I sure cannot play tennis anymore. Heck I can barely run! Not ailing or overweight. Tennis just destroyed my body. Am 50 and ready for golf. Yes I will be renting a cart. lol. Thanks again.

Note: This thread is 3861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!