IGNORED

Boxing

mpalmer89

My friend's father is a boxing promoter so he asked if I wanted to go to a boxing match. It really doesn't appeal to me, but people keep telling me it's different when you're there live. I have a feeling it would be even less appealing live though. Anyway - has anyone ever been to a live boxing match and if so, is it fun?

I have been but it's not my thing.   The choice of seats makes a big difference.    Remember, there is no instant replay and if you blink or get up to use the restroom, you'll miss something.    Usually there are several matches.     The atmosphere is completely different watching live.    

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 years later...

A long time ago I was a sportswriter for a small paper up north and one particular summer a televised boxing event was held in town. They had me write a few preview stories leading up to the thing and then grounded me in the office on the night of the fights. Had me watch the damn thing on tv and write something up. 

That was when I started re-evaluating my initial career choice.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades