IGNORED

Scorecard: Golf Statistics Software (Mac/Windows)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
That Scorecard Program Is Fantastic!!!

Glad you like it. Do you not have hosting? You could post your rounds online and include a "My Scorecards" button like I do at the bottom of my posts. Click to see what I mean.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Scorecard 1.3 is in beta testing now. It adds a "Best vs. Worst" table that shows your best rounds (by handicap index), your worst rounds (ditto, of course), and your average in between.

Though I only have about 8 rounds in so far, some interesting pieces of info have surfaced already (best/avg/worst):

GIR: 43%/37%/31%
Fairways: 52%/50%/48%
Total Putts: 27.75/27.75/27.75
PPGIR: 1.68/1.75/1.86
PPMGIR: 1.44/1.42/1.40
GIR First Putt: 25.4/24.4/23.0
Up and Down: 43%/47%/50%
Sand Save: 67%/50%/40%

The primary difference, clearly, is GIR. 43% versus 31%. It makes sense, of course, but I have the feeling that for other people, other numbers like "total putts" or "PPGIR" will vary dramatically.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...
I have the feeling that for other people, other numbers like "total putts" or "PPGIR" will vary dramatically.

Last week 75 with 31 putts. This week 83 with 38 putts. This week, more time at the practice green, less at the range.

Looking forward to v1.3!
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I am in need of some clarification. I have entered about 10 rounds in to Scorecard and not quite sure how to enter some things that have come up as "up and down".

Example 1. I hit a tee shot in the woods on a par 4, chip out leaving 170 yards, then third shot I miss the green, chip up and make the putt. Is this considered getting up and down because it was my 4th shot?

Example 2. Duff it on a 150 yard par three 20 yards, second shot to the fringe, first putt from fringe to one foot, tap in bogey. Do you put this in as a non-up-and-down 1 putt, with first putt of 1 foot?

Example 3. Tee shot in to a bunker on a par 3. Chunk first sand shot and leave it in the sand. Then hole out from bunker for par. Enter as Sand Save + 0 putt? that doesn't seem right to me if I leave it in the bunker.

Sorry if this is not the appropriate place to ask.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I am in need of some clarification. I have entered about 10 rounds in to Scorecard and not quite sure how to enter some things that have come up as "up and down".

My understanding-

#1- Not up and down #2- Yes. Not up and down. Missed green, one putt. Not a putt unless you are on the green. #3- Yes, sand save with 0 putt. If I am not mistaken, the technical stats of Up and Down, and Sand Saves are defined much the same way- Failing to hit the green in regulation, but still carding a par or better for the hole. Number of putts doesn't matter...

In My Bag:

Driver: Si3 380
3 & 4 Woods: Eye-o-matic Persimmons (yes...Persimmons)
Irons: 3-PW R7 TP S300Wedges: Karsten II 57* SW, Vokey 54.10 and 58.08 Spin Milled Oil CanPutter: White Hot SabertoothBall: Pro V1x"That's the easiest shot in golf....a short chip into the sand."

The reason I asked about this:

Example 2. Duff it on a 150 yard par three 20 yards, second shot to the fringe, first putt from fringe to one foot, tap in bogey. Do you put this in as a non-up-and-down 1 putt, with first putt of 1 foot?

was because the stat of "first putt" to me would be good for a proximity type of stat and I feel like I am short changing that when the first time I use my putter on that hole I was 20 feet away. But since I was in the fringe "technically" my first putt was the 1 foot tap in.

My Bag

Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

• Administrator
The reason I asked about this:

There's some wiggle room, because they're YOUR stats. So long as you keep them accurately, you'll know what's going on.

Sometimes, if I have to punch out sideways and I'm 180 out from the hole, I just won't consider it an "up and down" opportunity. So on a hole like that, if I make bogey, it's just a missed GIR with no up and down (neither successful or unsuccessful). I never count putts from the fringe. Occasionally I'll have an up and down or a sand save attempt, and I'll miss the green and stay on the fringe or something. For those, I personally use the "first putt distance" thing as a measure of my chipping/pitching/sand ability. So if I'm 35 feet away, I'll put 35 for my first putt. It's a trade-off: my putting stats are usually pretty consistent, so I trade off having super-accurate putting stats for being a little more accurate with my short game information (specifically: UD First Putt and SS First Putt - the distances I'm leaving myself).

I never count putts from the fringe.

I normally don't, but did card a

4 putt on Saturday because putt #1 was on the green, putts 2 & 3 were on the fringe, and putt 4 was on the green. Just curious how you would have carded that.

In my bag todayâ¦.

...putt #1 was on the green, putts 2 & 3 were on the fringe, and...

Just wanted to say OUCH!

And how did you do that? Did the green look like this ^?

Just wanted to say OUCH!

Green keeper must have been in a sadistic mood. 15' down hill that breaks left, slides past the hole and rolls all the way off the green. I now have a 10' uphill from the outside edge of the fringe, roll it to 1 ball of the hole and it rolls back off the green.

In my bag todayâ¦.

Green keeper must have been in a sadistic mood. 15' down hill that breaks left, slides past the hole and rolls all the way off the green. I now have a 10' uphill from the outside edge of the fringe, roll it to 1 ball of the hole and it rolls back off the green.

Dang! Totally understand! Our green keeper gets like that.

That prick can find little ridges that you definitely will not see until after you finished three putting and spend a couple of extra putts on it .... He loves doing that!

Sometimes, if I have to punch out sideways and I'm 180 out from the hole, I just won't consider it an "up and down" opportunity. So on a hole like that, if I make bogey, it's just a missed GIR with no up and down (neither successful or unsuccessful).

Interesting, I hear them say occasionally when a guy is hitting a full shot as a third shot on a par four the announcers will say he needs to get up and down for a par. Like you said they are my stats, I think I would probably treat it as an unsuccessful up and down.

Occasionally I'll have an up and down or a sand save attempt, and I'll miss the green and stay on the fringe or something. For those, I personally use the "first putt distance" thing as a measure of my chipping/pitching/sand ability. So if I'm 35 feet away, I'll put 35 for my first putt. It's a trade-off: my putting stats are usually pretty consistent, so I trade off having super-accurate putting stats for being a little more accurate with my short game information (specifically: UD First Putt and SS First Putt - the distances I'm leaving myself).

That is the way I have been doing it, but I was curious of how others were handling these types of situations. Thanks for your replies guys!!

My Bag

• Administrator
Interesting, I hear them say occasionally when a guy is hitting a full shot as a third shot on a par four the announcers will say he needs to get up and down for a par.

Well, you can "get up and down" for a 9 or a 3, or any other number (except 1, I suppose). But whether that's "An Up and Down" statistically is another matter.

The non-statistical "up and down" just means to hole out in two strokes from wherever you are and whatever you lie. Y'know? If it's for par, then it's an Up and Down statistically.

Well, you can "get up and down" for a 9 or a 3, or any other number (except 1, I suppose). But whether that's "An Up and Down" statistically is another matter.

I understand and agree with you there.

If it's for par, then it's an Up and Down statistically.

So in your chipping out scenario, if you hit the green with your third shot and 1 putt you wouldn't put down a satisfactory up and down?

My Bag

• Administrator
So in your chipping out scenario, if you hit the green with your third shot and 1 putt you wouldn't put down a satisfactory up and down?

Yes. Assuming I'm on a par four.

But on the rare occasion I chip out (like backwards) and can't even reach the green with my next shot, I don't mark "Unsuccessful" for my U/D attempt. I just leave it empty: neither U nor S gets marked. I didn't have an "up and down" possibility on that hole, so it's not right to say I failed to get up and down.

Looks like I was doing this all wrong and I went back and adjusted my u/d scores.

Can you tell me if the following examples are correct?

Par 4 - score 6 - putts 1 = Blank entry... no up/down possible.
Par 4 - score 5 - putts 2 = U
Par 4 - score 4 - putts 1 = S
Par 4 - score 6 - putts 3 = U

Also in the stats it shows U/D fist putt and U/D. What is the difference? How can you get an U/D without doing it on the first putt?

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

• Administrator
Also in the stats it shows U/D fist putt and U/D. What is the difference? How can you get an U/D without doing it on the first putt?

The "U/D First Putt" is the distance of your first putt after an up-and-down attempt. Thus, you can see how far, on average, your pitches and chips are leaving you from the cup.

But on the rare occasion I chip out (like backwards) and can't even reach the green with my next shot, I don't mark "Unsuccessful" for my U/D attempt. I just leave it empty: neither U nor S gets marked. I didn't have an "up and down" possibility on that hole, so it's not right to say I failed to get up and down.

Oh okay I see what you are saying that is pretty much what I started doing when filling in the blanks. I probably entered an extra unsatifactory up-n-down or two initially, but it makes sense to only enter par situations for up-n-down and sandies. I really like the software and have recomended it to several of my golf buds. Thanks for the responses.

My Bag

Note: This thread is 1969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!