IGNORED

Clarifications - Updated April 9, 2019

Rulesman

Note: This thread is 1217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rule 17:

Rule 17.1d(2):

1. Reference Point for Back-On-the-Line Relief Must Be Outside Penalty Area:
When taking back-on-the-line relief from a penalty area, the reference point must be outside that penalty area. (Added 04/2019)

It was expected that they would clarify that because under certain situations you could have taken relief on the green side of a yellow penalty area if you made your reference point in the penalty area.

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct links for Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package. Save 10% on Mevo with coupon code "IACAS" as well.
    • Driver (Titleist 915D2), 4W (Titleist 917F2), 19 degree hybrid (Titleist TS2) 20 degree hybrid (Maltby KE4). What's the story?  I got my driver in 2015.  First ever fit driver, first ever new-as-in-new driver.  In 2017, I got my irons, 5-U.  I got fit for a hybrid (Ping demo day) but I had just bought a 4H, so I kept it.  I already had the 3H that went with it (that's the 20 degree in the bag now).   In 2018, I was going to buy a 3W and a 5W.  Titleist rep discovered I hit the 4W past the two of those, and those two about the same distance.  Dude could've just fit me for those two and made that sale, but I believe he helped me get the best bag makeup I could with what I was looking for.  So he suggested a 4W and a 3H.  I bought the 4W;  again, I had a 3H already.  But Titleist got some appreciation from me for that in the fitting. A month or so ago, I discovered my 5I and 4H were going comparably, with some of the better 4H shots hitting into the lower end of 3H acceptable shots.  And my best 3H shots were a good 25-30 yards short of my 4W.  So I dropped the 4H and, while at the Roger Dunn, found the 3H I had been fit for (same specs, successor head I think).  I had been looking for the 7W cousin of my 4W but found this instead.  I borrowed it from them (not a euphemism -- they have a 90 day 100% money back guarantee, so it's basically borrowing with a security deposit... but I like this club). And I hit it well past my old 3H and short of my 4W, so there's a good gap.   One of these days I might get a full bag fitting or replace a lot at once or something but... I took up golf in graduate school and a lot of the financial habits are tough to break.  Plus, I own a lot of clubs that I really like (driver, 4W, 3H now, all my irons down to the UW).   
    • Day 2: Did some work on priority piece with 7-iron, and then some work on driver, just static setup stuff and some slower rehearsal swings, no balls.
    • I really got caught up writing today -- that's most of what I did from lunchtime until about 9.  That's good news for me professionally, since I got a lot of writing done, but not great for me in terms of my club championship that begins on Friday   But hey, I had a few minutes to practice, I made use of them. Day 155.  A half dozen each of quarter PW, quarter 8I, full swing 6-Iron.  Real balls, indoors, off a mat, into a net. 
    • Day 14: Today I practiced three times, each about 10-15 minutes, in the morning, before dinner, and before bed. Each time it was the same thing, swings from A2 to P6 or whatever the club horizontal after impact is. It's extremely frustrating to do this and continue to have a shut club face. I tried presetting at the delivery position, where I _know_ the face is correct, and I still find some way to shut it coming to impact. My belief is that it's excessive arm or forearm rotation that I do without knowing it, but I'm not sure. I need to record some of these swings and look. When I swing in a mirror, I know I do it "correctly," but those aren't real swings where I'm hitting a ball. There is a parasite in there somewhere, and I have to find it.   
    • 😄 My breath is smelling better today...
  • Today's Birthdays

1. alexfisher
      alexfisher
      (43 years old)
    2. Fkstang
      Fkstang
      (53 years old)
    3. marygujjari
      marygujjari
      (30 years old)
    4. RRTXgolfer
      RRTXgolfer
      (78 years old)
    5. Wanzo
      Wanzo
      (43 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...