IGNORED

Mayakoba Golf Classic

DKW
Note: This thread is 5926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow, Bubba Watson at +9.

I'm not surprised. I was picking a 4 man best ball team for my ESPN challenge entry. I cautioned my Uber group to ignore "power rankings". Bubba was listed as number 1.

While we're on the subject: What in the hell do 'power rankings' have to do with an individual sport? Bubba pretty much stinks as fantasy player. Look up his 2006 stats. He missed 50% of the cuts. Even worse, he misses the cut almost exactly every other week. I would have been surprised if Matt Kuchar put up that number.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I'm not surprised. I was picking a 4 man best ball team for my ESPN challenge entry. I cautioned my Uber group to ignore "power rankings". Bubba was listed as number 1.

Hey you leave my boy Kuchar out of this. He was top 10 in scrambling last year ;) In all sincerity I have followed him a bit off and on since he faired well as an amature at the US Open I believe.

Hey you leave my boy Kuchar out of this. He was top 10 in scrambling last year ;)

That was a Kuchar compliment. He's not flashy but he is steady.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

That was a Kuchar compliment. He's not flashy but he is steady.

I was just messing around with you. You got that right steady not flashy. I think the league average is 271 in driving distance and I wouldn't be suprised to see him lower than that. He has no distance at all.

I was just messing around with you. You got that right steady not flashy. I think the league average is 271 in driving distance and I wouldn't be suprised to see him lower than that. He has no distance at all.

Maybe I didn't notice that winking emoticon.

I root for the guy. I first noticed him at the Masters. Since you said Open, I looked it up. He was low amateur in both in '98. Gotta root for that.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:

You're right about Bubba. However, last year it seemed he either missed the cut or had a high finish. As usual, it's all or nothing with him. I can't stand him in fantasy golf either but generally, in a tournament like this, I think he's a good best ball guy because he'll make his fair share of birdies and maybe even some eagles. But yeah, he's got to make the cut and clearly I was wrong about him this week. For what it's worth I took Kuchar, Gay, Ogilvie and Marino in my yahoo league this week.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Maybe I didn't notice that winking emoticon.

I agree thats what turned me onto to him. I believe he was a Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket. I think his distance will keep him from being a top notch guy, but he has some nice ball striking at times and really has a nice short game.

I agree thats what turned me onto to him. I believe he was a Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket. I think his distance will keep him from being a top notch guy, but he has some nice ball striking at times and really has a nice short game.

Apparently you can shoot 64 without hitting it long.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:

Congratulations to Brian Gay on an excellent victory - ok, so it wasn't the strongest field assembled but he still had to beat the guys out there! I am sure this will do his confidence a world of good and will hope to continue this rich vein of form in subsequent events!

In my bag:

R7 Quad Driver
3 wood
RAC MB Irons 3 - PW Vokey 52 and 6056 Wedge Fatshaft PutterGolf Bag Pro V1 Ball

HI

no im not kidding Q.Q....this is the most encouraging start for JD that ive seen for som time!..he must make top 125 on the money list or else he will drop off the face of the earth

im confident that he has the ability to do this its just a question of whether he can keep his trousers on and how much he abuses himself in the next year.

bb69

Hey

Nothing wrong with being optimistic but ... this could be his year? To be honest I'm a bit discouraged with Daly's play. He's getting off to good starts then seems to crumble and get worse with each passing day. He did the same thing in the Norther Trust I think it was. Making the cut at the Majakoba Golf Classic and finishing toward the bottom isn't really a good thing. I don't think Harmon or anyone else can stop Daly from blowing up. But... if he can limit the damage a bit it would be nice to see Daly compete every once in a while.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!