Jump to content
IGNORED

Wedge Grind


Note: This thread is 869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

I'm looking to get a new 60° vokey wedge. I am unsure what type of grind to get looking at the d and k. I want the 12 or 14 bounce. But not sure what grind I need. Want the 60 for full shots and maybe short up and down shots. I dont always open the face up but try every so often. Any insight would be helpful.. I'm a high handicaper

D Grind: The player’s high bounce wedge, the new D Grind offers high measured bounce with the crescent shape of the M Grind for shot making versatility.

K Grind: The highest bounce wedge in the lineup, the K Grind is the ultimate bunker club and the most forgiving wedge in the lineup for all shots.

 

Edited by OoAaronoO
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I have had a 54* k grind for about 9 months now and love it. Very forgiving around the greens. I do not use it in green side bunkers as I have a 58 for that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, upndown21 said:

I have had a 54* k grind for about 9 months now and love it. Very forgiving around the greens. I do not use it in green side bunkers as I have a 58 for that. 

I have a 56 k that I usually use in bunkers.. but looking to do more with the 60

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, OoAaronoO said:

I'm looking to get a new 60° vokey wedge. I am unsure what type of grind to get looking at the d and k. I want the 12 or 14 bounce. But not sure what grind I need. Want the 60 for full shots and maybe short up and down shots. I dont always open the face up but try every so often. Any insight would be helpful.. I'm a high handicaper

D Grind: The player’s high bounce wedge, the new D Grind offers high measured bounce with the crescent shape of the M Grind for shot making versatility.

K Grind: The highest bounce wedge in the lineup, the K Grind is the ultimate bunker club and the most forgiving wedge in the lineup for all shots.

 

The K is great for mucky conditions.  I have one and it is generally my "go to" club around the greens if there's little green to work with...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The K is great for mucky conditions.  I have one and it is generally my "go to" club around the greens if there's little green to work with...

This just dawning on me.. is it worth having 2 wedges with the same grind?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, OoAaronoO said:

No would be 56 and a 60

That sounds like a good gap.  But make sure to "prove it" on the course.  I use 5 wedges, each with a 10 yard gap.  A pair of those wedges have numbers engraved on the sole that indicate they are 2 degrees apart.  The proof is in the shot.

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

That sounds like a good gap.  But make sure to "prove it" on the course.  I use 5 wedges, each with a 10 yard gap.  A pair of those wedges have numbers engraved on the sole that indicate they are 2 degrees apart.  The proof is in the shot.

Wont know till I get it 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, OoAaronoO said:

Wont know till I get it 😁

45, 48, 54, 56, 60.  Believe it or not... each 10 yards apart.  I'd put my 64 back in there if it didn't mean I'd have 15 clubs...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • iacas changed the title to Wedge Grind
2 minutes ago, iacas said:

I kinda hate Vokey wedges and think almost all of their non-Tour grinds suck.

Not trying to sound like a ass.. but what was the purpose of this response? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, OoAaronoO said:

Not trying to sound like a ass.. but what was the purpose of this response? 

I'm suggesting you look at a wedge that's not a Titleist, which is all you seem to be considering.

I recommend that you get a wedge from another manufacturer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

49 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm suggesting you look at a wedge that's not a Titleist, which is all you seem to be considering.

I recommend that you get a wedge from another manufacturer.

So what do you like and why? I just got myself a couple of ping glide 2.0 stealth wedges. I have a 52 and 56. Both are the highest bounce offering. I’m coming from Vokeys and this far I have to say they’ve been great. They feel a bit softer than the vokeys and they look fantastic. I’ve found them to be really good out of the sand. Not great from short pitch range in the fairway, but that’s the Indian not the arrow. 

Also just to add that I heard they’re on sale right now. 

Edited by Ty_Webb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Ty_Webb said:

So what do you like and why?

Edel first and foremost.

And behind them… almost any other wedge besides Vokeys. PING Glide wedges (hey, the name is from LSW after all!) might be first in line. I think the Callaway wedges have a few good grinds.

I generally like high bounce with a thinner sole and a higher camber, with additional relief in the heel and toe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...