IGNORED

Back or Front Tees in a Handicap Tournament?

edomingox
Note: This thread is 1740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Back tees or front tees in a handicap tournament?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What tees would you play in a tournament?

• Back tees with a 12 handicap (7078 yds, 72.1/134)
    • Front tees with a 8 handicap (5434 yds, 68.8/121)

Surely your handicaps are what they are due to competition golf which is always off the back tees ?

I don't think moving to the forward tees for  casual golf makes a lot of difference to players such as myself who have decent distance off the tee . My handicap is what it is because I struggle around and on the greens . (I think that's what DavePO43 said)

In my situation, and given those choices, I would definitely play the shorter tees with a lower handicap. I'm 66 and don't have the game for a 7,000 yard course anymore. High 5,000's to about 6,000 is where I live these days. 

I'll be playing in the local Greatest Golfer of the Valley tournament again this year. They ask for handicaps, but only for pairings. It's scratch scoring, and the guys in the 60-70 division play the senior tees. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1740 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!