Tommy_Boy14

Laser Range Finder vs GPS Watch vs Handheld GPS

4 posts / 942 viewsLast Reply

Currently I have a Laser Range Finder (Caddytek Golf Laser Rangefinder) to be exact and I like it however every time I go to shoot the pin and click the button to give me the distance pushing down on the top of the rangefinder causes me to miss the pin and have to shoot it multiple times to get a number (could be that I just don't have the steadiest of hands too).  So with that I am currently looking for a replacement for it most likely something in the GPS watch or handheld range and was looking for suggestions on something that is no WAY overpriced (in my opinion).  I would not wear the watch (if I got one) I don't care to wear watches when I play golf so would it be a waste of time getting a GPS watch since, from what I can see in my little research I've done, they basically do the same thing (give front, middle and back distances)?  Also with this I am looking for suggestions on what's good in the market now with my price range being $200 or less.

Thank You!!!

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

My rangefinder is a cheap one and beyond 150 yards i hardly can hit the pin with it. But it´s easy for me to hit the wall of a greenside bunker or a person playing in the group ahead and figure out the distance.

Messures between my rangefinder and GPS devices can differ up to 10 yards, just because of the GPS innacuracy. That´s a full club. I stick with my cheap rangefinder. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, Tommy_Boy14 said:

Currently I have a Laser Range Finder (Caddytek Golf Laser Rangefinder) to be exact and I like it however every time I go to shoot the pin and click the button to give me the distance pushing down on the top of the rangefinder causes me to miss the pin and have to shoot it multiple times to get a number (could be that I just don't have the steadiest of hands too).  So with that I am currently looking for a replacement for it most likely something in the GPS watch or handheld range and was looking for suggestions on something that is no WAY overpriced (in my opinion).  I would not wear the watch (if I got one) I don't care to wear watches when I play golf so would it be a waste of time getting a GPS watch since, from what I can see in my little research I've done, they basically do the same thing (give front, middle and back distances)?  Also with this I am looking for suggestions on what's good in the market now with my price range being $200 or less.

Just hold the button down and scan back up to the flag. Most just keep spitting out new numbers every second or so.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades