IGNORED

Laser Range Finder vs GPS Watch vs Handheld GPS

Note: This thread is 1769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Currently I have a Laser Range Finder (Caddytek Golf Laser Rangefinder) to be exact and I like it however every time I go to shoot the pin and click the button to give me the distance pushing down on the top of the rangefinder causes me to miss the pin and have to shoot it multiple times to get a number (could be that I just don't have the steadiest of hands too).  So with that I am currently looking for a replacement for it most likely something in the GPS watch or handheld range and was looking for suggestions on something that is no WAY overpriced (in my opinion).  I would not wear the watch (if I got one) I don't care to wear watches when I play golf so would it be a waste of time getting a GPS watch since, from what I can see in my little research I've done, they basically do the same thing (give front, middle and back distances)?  Also with this I am looking for suggestions on what's good in the market now with my price range being $200 or less.

Thank You!!!

Thomas

Driver: :tmade: M3 10*  3 Wood: :nike: Vapor Fly 12*  Hybrid: :tmade: P790 UDI 2 Iron  Irons: :titleist: 716 AP2 (4-PW)  Wedges: :vokey:  52*, 56*, 60* Putter: :tmade: TP Juno  Shoes: :nike: Lunar Command,  :adidas: 360 Traxion, :adidas: Tour Boost 360  Bag: :titleist: 2016 Lightweight Stand Bag

Something like this seems perfect for you.

Small, not a watch, inexpensive, good reviews on amazon, etc

https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Phantom-Golf-GPS-Green/dp/B079YM6QPL/

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My rangefinder is a cheap one and beyond 150 yards i hardly can hit the pin with it. But it´s easy for me to hit the wall of a greenside bunker or a person playing in the group ahead and figure out the distance.

Messures between my rangefinder and GPS devices can differ up to 10 yards, just because of the GPS innacuracy. That´s a full club. I stick with my cheap rangefinder. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Tommy_Boy14 said:

Currently I have a Laser Range Finder (Caddytek Golf Laser Rangefinder) to be exact and I like it however every time I go to shoot the pin and click the button to give me the distance pushing down on the top of the rangefinder causes me to miss the pin and have to shoot it multiple times to get a number (could be that I just don't have the steadiest of hands too).  So with that I am currently looking for a replacement for it most likely something in the GPS watch or handheld range and was looking for suggestions on something that is no WAY overpriced (in my opinion).  I would not wear the watch (if I got one) I don't care to wear watches when I play golf so would it be a waste of time getting a GPS watch since, from what I can see in my little research I've done, they basically do the same thing (give front, middle and back distances)?  Also with this I am looking for suggestions on what's good in the market now with my price range being $200 or less.

Just hold the button down and scan back up to the flag. Most just keep spitting out new numbers every second or so.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!