IGNORED

How Many Wedges Do You Carry?

How many wedges do you carry?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How many wedges do you carry?

• 0 - What's a wedge?
    • 1 - I have my trusty Niblick and that's all I need.
    • 2 - Doesn't matter which two, but you'd think it would be PW and SW
    • 3 - Very common set up through the 80's and 90's.
    • 4 - Its good to have options
    • 5 - More options or is it because your PW is so delofted you had to stick in another gap wedge?
    • 6 or more - If you answer this, you'd better explain why.

I carry a 52-degree gap wedge, 56-degree sand wedge and a 60-degree lob wedge (in addition to my stock Cleveland CG4 PW).
In My Bag ( Superlight 3.5):

Driver: 9.5* Burner SuperFast, Matrix Ozik XCon 4.8 Stiff
Fairway Woods: Steelhead III, Uniflex Steel (3w, 5w)
Hybrids: Big Bertha Heavenwood 4H, Uniflex SteelIrons: Victory Red Full Cavity, Stiff (5-AW)Wedges: WALTER HAGEN,...

Mizuno MP-R series 52.07, 56.10, 60.09 shafted with NP 950 stepped down stiff's.

Driver: FT-5 9.5 65g V2 stiff
3 wood: 904f 13 YS6fw+ stiff
4 wood: 904f 17 YS6fw+ stiff
Hybrid: 585.h 21 YShybrid+ stiff
Irons: MP 60 4-PW NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Wedges: MP-R 52.07,56.10,60.09 NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X2 33"Ball: ProV1

I carry three wedges:

PW: DCI 962 48
SW: Striker Tumba Line 52
LW: Striker Tumba Line 60

I keep my sand iron at 52 degrees of loft to not create a too large gap to my other irons. That way I pretty much only play full shots with my PW. The LW is my allround short game club, I use it on pretty much all shots inside 90 yards, including sand and chip shots.

(Striker is a cheapo Swedish brand, they are cast blade style wedges. Not too bad but starting to get too worn. Looking to upgrade to a Vokey 52.08 and a spin milled 60.04)

In my bag:
Driver: Titleist 909D2 11.5°, UST Proforce V2 85X
Wood: Titleist 909F2 15.5°, UST Proforce V2 Tour 95X
Hybrid: Nickent 3DX DC Ironwood 20°, UST Proforce V2 Tour 105X
Irons: Titleist AP2 4-GW, TTDG X100, 1° weak (except the 4i), 1° flat 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM56.14, SM60.07, TTDG X100, 1° flat

Alright I changed my mind.
Turns out that any shot I thought I would need a 52º for I could accomplish with Pitch wedge. However, I need a Hybrid or 5 wood. I went with the Hybrid. I play on a Course with trees and often need a low shot with a 3 iron. So the 52º got sold out.

In the Staff bag:
D1
906F 15.5º
585H 19º
AP2 4-gw 56º & 60º Tiger Woods Newport Art of Putting 2.0 Pro Platinum

I carry 3. R7 PW 44 (ironset), Maxfli SW 52, Vokey 56. Love my SW, it's the first club I can stop the ball with on most every shot, 80 yards on in this is the one! I also have an R7 AW, but my son carries it most of the time with his RAC OS2's.

"Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and , for no reason at all, you really stink." -- Bob Hope

Driver:TM 09 Burner
3 & 5 Wood: Callaway BB War Bird
Irons: TM R7 3-PWWedges:Maxfli...

Just for fun (or torture as the case may have been) I played my old Ping I3 MB wedges last week and no offense to anyone but compared to the Vokeys, they were like playing with toys. Absolutely no comparison. At least I had the wits to have my Vokey 250.08 wedge with me because it saved my butt. I cannot believe the difference, if you aren't playing with Vokey wedges, you my friend, are missing out.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

1 wedge, 45 pitching wedge only...

Grom Stand Bag
G5 9* Driver Stiff
G5 3 & 5 Woods Stiff
G5 22* Hybrid
X-20 5-PW Irons X-Tour 50*-11 & 54*-13 Wedge G5i Mini-C PutterUp Next 58*-11 PM Grind

Other than my X-18 PW I have a Tour 52* and a Cleveland Tour Reg. 588 60*

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Three, a 50, 56, and 60. I'm a beginner but I hit my wedges pretty good most of the time.
The Good:
Heavenwood 3h
White Steel Two Ball
Orlimar SOS 56deg SW & 60deg LW
The Free:767 Pro Series 3-9iTomahawk 50deg PWKing Cobra 10.5deg Driver (350cc) 10.5deg Intimidator Driver

I carry 4

46/52/56/60
In My Bag:

Driver: 9.5° FT-i LCG
3-wood: 15° X Tour
Hybrid: 18° FT HybridHybrid: 23° Baffler ProIrons: X-20 Tour 5-9Wedges: CG 12 Black Pearl 46/50/56/60Putter: 32" X3Ball: TP BlackHome Course: Blackmoor Golf Club (136/71.2)