IGNORED

TRUE Linkswear OGX (10th Anniversary Edition) Review

Note: This thread is 1803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay, so I bought the new True Linkswear OGX, 10th Anniversary Edition Shoes. 

OGX-10YR-toe-flex__43930.1570542425.500.

The OG10YR celebrates past with the iconic reverse saddle color, present with a modern silhouette, and future with sustainable vegan leather and...

I bought them for one reason and one reason only.... I thought they were super good looking shoes.

Personally, I had never owned a pair of True Linkswear shoes, until I ordered these. By the way, I got pair number 132. TrueLinkswear claims they will only be producing 500 pairs of these. 

I've had these shoes for a couple weeks now, and it's finally time to do a full review. 

First the easy stuff:
1 - They are even better looking in real life than they are in pictures. Everyone's taste differs, but I think these are the handsomest golf shoes I've ever owned. 

2 - These can be worn with white socks, black socks or even without socks. 

3 - I found them to run very true to size. I buy a lot of Under Armour, Ecco, and Puma shoes and these run very consistent in size compared to Under Armour and Puma. Ecco sizing is always a little weirdo as they are always metric conversions to English.

4 - They require no break in period and are extremely comfortable right out of the box. 

65882908_shoegameTrue.gif.31535ac916c13ec90d5d7d44bce91cc4.gif  <---- My feet

Now the fun stuff:

I've used them several times on the range and they are great. But that's the range, what about the course?

Well, I'm hear to tell you I've walked 9 in them twice. Absolutely zero foot fatigue. I'm sure even if I'd walked 36 they would have been as good or better in terms of comfort than any shoe I've ever owned. (Remember, I've bought a lot of Eccos over the years. These are... dare I say... yes, I dare. These are MORE comfortable than any of my Eccos. (gasp!)

One thing that truly surprises me about these shoes is the grip. It is outstanding. I played one of my two 9 hole rounds walking in a light rain. The grip is phenomenal. The shoe has something going on at the outer edges of the bottom heel and the toe portions that really allows you to get a good bite into the Earth. That is easily the most pleasantly surprising part about the shoes. 

Even though the look like they'd be porous, my feet stayed dry and comfy. I was similarly surprised by that.

I will have to report back to let you guys know how they hold up over time. I will also have to let you know how they do in really hot weather... I'm suspecting pretty well judging by what I've seen from them so far. 

I paid $150 for these, which I guess is about the middle of the high end golf shoe pricing market. It's pretty comparable to what I've paid for some Under Armour and Ecco shoes. It maybe a bit less then the newest models of each of those brands and possibly a bit more than a model from a year or two ago. 

I'm really struggling to come up with any negative aspects of these shoes. I mean even the laces seem to stay tied better than most shoes I've owned. 

My advice is simply to go get yourself a pair of these. If you haven't tried True Linkswear and you like to walk the course, you are doing yourself a disservice by not trying them. I WAS a loyal Ecco Shoe guy. I didn't think I'd find a golf shoe better for walking the course than the Eccos…  Well, I think I just did. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to TRUE Linkswear OGX (10th Anniversary Edition) Review
Note: This thread is 1803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!