IGNORED

Hey All :)

slp1225
Note: This thread is 1564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All,

My name is Sam and I am new to golf!

I am 27, Australian and about 7/8 months into the game.

Currently at a 27 handicap and best stroke score is 102 (so close to breaking 100)

Absolutely loving it eventhough it can be very frustrating!

Recently became a member at a club near me which is Gardiners Run, and I am playing in my first comp there tomorrow. Very nervous, especially playing with people I don't know. I don't know anyone at the club so hoping to meet some golf buddies along the way.

I cannot drive the ball to save my life, but my irons are steadily improving - my putting is pretty good for early on in my career too. Have had some lessons initially when I started playing but haven't had any for a while. Probably time to get some more.

Really looking forward to learning more from all the good golfers on here and reading all the tips and tricks that are being provided.

I just posted some videos of my swing on the Members Swing section for anyone that is interested.

Have a great day all, and thanks for allowing me to join 🙂

Sam

Edited by slp1225

Warm welcomes! Always good to see new people getting into the game. I picked the game back up after a long break about the same time that you picked it up.

I wish you luck in your first tournament. Play your best, but don't get down on yourself is my advice. You won't make nearly as many friends if you have a bad attitude while you are on the course. This game we play is extremely tough, and no one makes great shots all the time. It's the few good ones per round that keep us coming back, wanting more. If you curse, throw clubs, and generally are unhappy outwardly after every miss or bad shot, you will find yourself being quite the lonely golfer. 

Gonna pop over to your swing thread now. Cheers!

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!