IGNORED

R7 425 vs R7 SuperQuad--Help Please

Note: This thread is 5918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a r7 425 which is a great club. I just demoed a r7 superquad which i liked too. Which driver do you think is longer and which is more forgiving. I cant really tell them apart. But do you think i should upgrade to the r7 superquad.

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I have a r7 425 which is a great club. I just demoed a r7 superquad which i liked too. Which driver do you think is longer and which is more forgiving. I cant really tell them apart. But do you think i should upgrade to the r7 superquad.

I would say the superquad is slightly longer, however that is a very tough question so analyze because different people hit different drivers longer, just depends on your swing. The superquad is great for the adjustability though especially the trajectory (for windy days and such). It's really all a matter of opinion though.
In the bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto stiff shaft
Woods: Burner 15* 3 Wood w/ Fujikura, stiffHybrid: 503H w/ Aldila NV, stiffIrons: 755 3-9 w/ Project X 5.5 shaftsPitching Wedge: MP-T 47*Gap Wedge: MP-T 51*Sand Wedge: MP-T 56*Putter: Rossa SienaBall: Laddie/Laddie...

Technically, bigger head means more forgiveness. Go with r7 SuperQuad for that. If you're concerned about your budget, go with r7 425. Both are great drivers, by the way.

Which one is longer? This comes from my personal experience as my close golf buddy had r7 425 prior to r7 SuperQuad he currently owns. The SuperQuad is longer, period. I've seen how he hit and I could really tell (so could he) that there's quite significant difference in distance. Which is why I got one for myself as well (my previous driver was r7 460). Hope that helps.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

I'm not sure there's really a noticeable difference. The questions I have with the R7s is how many people actually change the weights once they get them set? It seems to me that a majority of people who buy them are trying to correct a shot shape (most of the time fade or slice) and once it's set, it's set. Sorry, got off on a tangent. Either one is going to be great. I think a big thing is how well does it set up for you. That's going to be the difference maker.

If you can't see the difference, why spend an extra bundle of cash. Stick with what you've got, unless you are experiencing some benefits.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

I would say the Superquad is longer from my personal experience with the two. My buddy has a R7 425, and it is a little less forgiving as well. If you like workability, you may want to stick with the 425.

One thing to think about however. The Superquad is slightly more draw weighted and produces a slightly higher trajectory on corresponding weight setups.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I hit the Superquad a little further - Didn't find much difference in forgiveness (hence not buying it). I didn't like the sound it made - I thought the 425 was loud at range (concrete walls/echo etc) but the Superquad gave off such a racket!

I really like the R7 425 - but have ordered the Burner as I found it longer and more forgiving than the other 2. But that belongs to another thread.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I would say the Superquad is longer from my personal experience with the two. My buddy has a R7 425, and it is a little less forgiving as well. If you like workability, you may want to stick with the 425.

I hit my buddy's 425 a few times on the driving range. The 425 has a lower trajectory than the Superquad with the standard weight positions. I'm not sure about the overall distance but the Superquad definitely has a longer carry. Crafty is right that the Superquad is slighty more draw weighted.

BUT... you might not want to get the Superquad.... there's a new Burner TP coming out: http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...0&select;=25157

In The Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°, Fujikura RE*AX 65g Stiff
Hybrid: CLK 17°, Exsar HS2 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60, Project X 6.0, 3i / MP-32, Project X 6.0, 4i-PWWedges: MP-T Black Ni, 51.06 / 56.13 / 60.08Putter: Studio Style Newport 2, 34" / 340gBall: e5+

Personally the superquad is a slightly longer club but in terms of control I prefer the 425. I picked up the 425TP on ebay for pennies (search for sticks with ladies/senior flex). People on ebay dont realize you can just reshaft

I think I dropped 125 on my TM, called TM up and confirmed its authenticity

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

That new Burner TP coming out is the ugliest thing ive ever seen

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

Personally the superquad is a slightly longer club but in terms of control I prefer the 425. I picked up the 425TP on ebay for pennies (search for sticks with ladies/senior flex). People on ebay dont realize you can just reshaft

good point. i never thought of this

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

The Superquad is longer on off-center hits, but if you hit it pretty flush every time, you shouldn't notice much difference.

Driver: Sasquatch Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila NV Stiff
Fw: Sasquatch 4wd Reg.
3 Iron: Burner Stiff
4-Pw: Ta5 Reg.
Sand Wedge: Reg. 588 56Lob Wedge: 588 DSG 60Putter: Studio Stainless NewportBall: Pro-V1 (When I can afford them)Home Course: Sunridge Canyon in Fountain Hills, AZ

The bummer about the Taylormade stuff is the closed clubfaces. Even the TP's are closed at address. The superquad is more forgiving with the extra cc.s in the clubhead 425 vs. 460. Switched from the 425tp to the superquad tp to the Ping G10. The G10 blows the TM stuff away PERIOD

Note: This thread is 5918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!