IGNORED

Golf Channel Morning Drive

dzjc
Note: This thread is 1533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay, I haven't watched Golf Channel's Morning Drive for about two years (or so) and watched it this morning.  Wow. Where's Gary Williams?  Charlie Rymer?  Cara Robinson (Banks?) ?  Damon Hack?

Just curious.

Dale

• Administrator

They're still usually on there. Cara is doing a bit less these days, but Gary Williams is usually around, I'm pretty sure. Damon too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hardly ever watch Morning Drive, but I like Charlie Rymer. He grew up in Fort Mill, SC, is good friends with my nephew and my brother-in -law coached him in high school. Gary Williams was here in Charlotte for awhile and is good too. Hopefully, they're both still on the show.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Hoganman1 said:

I hardly ever watch Morning Drive, but I like Charlie Rymer. He grew up in Fort Mill, SC, is good friends with my nephew and my brother-in -law coached him in high school. Gary Williams was here in Charlotte for awhile and is good too. Hopefully, they're both still on the show.

Charlie hasn't been on Morning Drive in quite some time. He left Golf Channel in 2018.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 hours ago, iacas said:

Charlie hasn't been on Morning Drive in quite some time. He left Golf Channel in 2018.

I guess that shows how much I (don't) watch. Where did he go? I know he had a side business taking groups to Scotland and Ireland. I haven't talked about him with my nephew or brother-in-law in a while. 

UPDATE: I just read where he has moved to Myrtle Beach and is doing some projects promoting Myrtle Beach golf. I think Kelly Tilghman lives there now too.Apparently, he has done some promotional work with her. They've known each other since they were teenagers He'll show up on some golf telecasts before long. People like Charlie and he's great on TV.

Edited by Hoganman1

On 2/12/2020 at 6:33 AM, Arnie was the classiest said:

I'm watching Morning Drive this morning and if one more host uses the phrase "Horses for course's" I'm going to start watching bowling!  It's starting to sound as annoying as those idiot clowns who yell "get in the hole" after every swing on telecasts.  

You da man!

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Note: This thread is 1533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!