IGNORED

Fairway Woods--Callaway X vs TaylorMade Burner

Note: This thread is 5901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which Fairway Wood Would You Choose

• Callaway X
    • TaylorMade Burner

Callaway X
TaylorMade Burner

Which Fairway Wood would you like to have any why

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I prefer the Callaway X because of the size of the head. The burner has a bigger head. Now if we are talking Burner TP i would take the Burner
In my Hoofer Extreme

DriverBurner Stock Shaft 9.5

1 Iron Hybrid Idea Pro3 Iron HybridIdea ProIronsX-Forged 4-PWWedgesSpin Milled Vokey PutterStudio Select Newport 2BallPro V1

Had the Callaway X 3&5 wood, really great clubs, the 3 was a little hard for me to hit off the deck, but the 5 was great for that. Used the 3 as my driver for at least 6 months, and dropped my handicap several strokes probably just because I kept it in play more often.

Hit the Burner at Golfsmith a couple times, the head just seemed too big, same with the Callway X hot 3.

Classic 290 10.5 Miyazaki C. Kua 43 R

AMP 15 Aldila RIP F

Baffler Rail H 17 & 22 Fujikura Motore S

S2 Forged 5-GW Nippon NS Pro 900xh R

SM 54 & 58 Vokey Nippon 105T W

Studio Style Newport 1.5

I have the burner and love it...the head is a little big, but it is still easy to hit off the deck and off the tee...best 3 wood I have played to date. I really liked the callway x too, but if I had to choose 1, it would be the burner hands down.
In the bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto stiff shaft
Woods: Burner 15* 3 Wood w/ Fujikura, stiffHybrid: 503H w/ Aldila NV, stiffIrons: 755 3-9 w/ Project X 5.5 shaftsPitching Wedge: MP-T 47*Gap Wedge: MP-T 51*Sand Wedge: MP-T 56*Putter: Rossa SienaBall: Laddie/Laddie...

I like the versatility of the callaway fairway woods but don't find the look as confidence inspiring as others. For some reason I've never hit the Taylormade stuff as well so I voted for Callaway.

In Ozone blue/argyle bag:

Driver: G10 - 10.5 Grafalloy Prolauch Red Stiff
5 wood: G5 with grafalloy prolaunch blue
Irons 4-Gap: AP2 - Project X 5.5 SW: CG10 56degreeLW: Bob Vokey Spin Milled 60 degreePutter: Studio Style Newport 2 (Custom Shop)Ball: TP Black/Red

Burner - it's the first club i've hit in 2 years that could stand up to my R7 Ti. I'd like to try the X though. It looks like a lovely club. But probably harder to hit well as consistently as a TM.

I won't be changing just yet but may do when the Burner driver arrives!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Callaway X

I have hit both and winner for me was the Callaway. It hit it more consistent off the deck. Callaway 3w off the tee was 10 yards longer than the burner. I almost hit the 3w as far as my Titleist D2 driver and it is easier to hit the fairway. Callaway 5w and burner were roughly the same distance, but again Callaway was easier off the deck. My $.02

I envy people who seem to be able to hit any club available. TaylorMade "woods" work for me; Callaways do not.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

the burner has a great head but the extra long shaft ruins the club if you can get with a shorter shaft i would definetly get the burner

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

I use to play the X 3 wood (3+) and hit it pretty good. I actually liked it better off the ground then the tee and would get wayward sometimes with it off the tee...I then traded it in and got the Burner (15 degree) and even though I lost a few yards (2 degree diff) I hit this club very consistent off the tee on tight PAR 4's and when my driver is off I feel confident I can finish the round with this club (very forgiving). I have hit the Burner off the ground with success as well...great 3 wood...

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

If I could have the TP model I would go with the TM. If not I would go with the Callaway.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Note: This thread is 5901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!