IGNORED

Short Game Practice Plan

Note: This thread is 1388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok. I’ve adopted the 65/20/15 practice plan. But, I think I need work on short game and so I’m trying to structure a routine. Here’s what I’m doing right now:

- Runyan style chip-putts with various irons

- Bump and run to various distances using various clubs

- Pitches using leading edge of my wedge

- Pitches using the trailing edge

- One hop and stop pitches

- Flops

- walk on’s (pitched through the fringe)

- short bunker shot, long bunker shot

What else am I missing? The funny part is I kept records this year and I’m <2.0 off the green and 2.6 when I hit a GIR. But at my age, I think I need to excel at scrambling. Thoughts? 

How is you basic technique like for chips and pitches? I tend to focus on fundamentals and then just practice a wide range of situations. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

How is you basic technique like for chips and pitches? I tend to focus on fundamentals and then just practice a wide range of situations. 

In general, pretty good. I’m actually pretty comfortable getting near the green and scrambling. I probably need to assess my short game quantitatively, but ai feel pretty confident I can get it close.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a tip from Mark Crossfield earlier this week that has seemed to help my chipping so far. Practice only with 1 of your wedges a day. Each day a different wedge as to better ingrain into your memory the different shots but all with the same club. Helps clear the mind and avoid confusion.

David

40 minutes ago, dmnoland said:

I saw a tip from Mark Crossfield earlier this week that has seemed to help my chipping so far. Practice only with 1 of your wedges a day. Each day a different wedge as to better ingrain into your memory the different shots but all with the same club. Helps clear the mind and avoid confusion.

I think I saw the same video. Here’s what I’m doing right now:

- Chip from fringe

- 10-20 yd basic chip and run

- 10-20 yard trailing edge pitch (lots of green to work with)

- 10-20 yard trailing edge pitch ( little green to work with)

- 10-20 yard flop (as over a bunker)

- 30 yard pitch from rough

- 1/2 wedge (30 yd from fairway)

- 3/4 wedge (50 yd from fairway)
- short sand (10 yds)

- long sand (20 yds)

I work on proximity to the whole more than anything else. So far, my short game is crushing it. 

Note: This thread is 1388 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!