IGNORED

Hello From Sherwood Park, AB (soon to be Vancouver)

limoric
Note: This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking for a long time, actually a lot of my google searches take me here.

I'm starting my 7th year of golf. I actually started when I was 25 and played till age 27. I started again 3 years ago (30)...in my return year I played more rounds than in the previous 3 years and it's been that way ever since.

Broke 90 in in 2005, 80 in 2006 and my best round in 2007 was a 76, averaging 81 in my last 20 rounds. 2007 was a big learning year for me, but did not translate into significant better scores as I was changing something every few weeks, learning new shots. I'm really looking forward to 2008 and moving to Vancouver where I'll be able to play year round. I've been lucky enough to keep my game in somewhat good shape playing most months in the winter (Dominican Rep., Hawaii, Vancouver, LA)

Any other AB, BC guys on the board.

I'll be looking to join a mens league in Vancouver. Any suggestions??? I will live somewhere on the north shore. Port Moody or west of Port Moody, perhaps North or West Van...depends on what school I can get my kids into.

In the Bag

Cobra Amp Cell Pro Black Tie 7M3 Stiff  |  LS Hybrid Kurokage Stiff  |
 Nickent 4DX KBS Hybrid Stiff 3,4  | Cobra S3 Pro 5-PW Project X 5.5  |
 Scratch 53*, 59*  |  Odyssey Backstryke  |  Srixon Z Star

Welcome to the forum. I live in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. You'll enjoy living out here. We've had a pretty good winter, and I've been able to play a few times a week on average. Now that Daylight Savings Time has kicked in, more rounds on the horizon When you get out, invest in some good rain gear and good grips (i put full cord on my last fall and they're great in the wet stuff) and the weather isn't usually that bad. Can't help you on the Vancouver golf league scene.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Welcome to the forum. I live in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. You'll enjoy living out here. We've had a pretty good winter, and I've been able to play a few times a week on average. Now that Daylight Savings Time has kicked in, more rounds on the horizon

My in-laws are moving near Duncan wanting to be relatively close to us. As well I have a friend there; I also have a friend that just moved to Nanaimo. I'm sure I'll play 5-10 rounds on the Island each year.

You guys get quite a bit less rain in the winter.

In the Bag

Happy Belated Welcome!!
I am in Airdrie, AB.. just north of Calgary.
Come on by if you ever want to lose some money or if you want free lessons haha

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

My in-laws are moving near Duncan wanting to be relatively close to us. As well I have a friend there; I also have a friend that just moved to Nanaimo. I'm sure I'll play 5-10 rounds on the Island each year.

Duncan has a new Greg Norman design opening up this year; it's called "The Cliffs Over Maple Bay". Haven't heard much about it, but I know they were having trouble getting water to it, and that it was supposed to open last fall and didn't.

Yes, the East Coast of Vancouver Island gets less rain with bit of a rain shadow effect. I'm a member at Nanaimo Golf Club, and it has excellent drainage, so winter play is good; carts are already out on the fairways there. You'll quickly learn which courses are good in winter and the ones to stay away from, as I hate nothing more than losing a ball to a plug in the middle of the fairway. Morningstar in Parksville is like that. Great track in the summer, but I stay away from it until late April. Lots of nice courses here on the Island.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Happy Belated Welcome!!

Hmmmm....you have to give me how many strokes per side...

I just may try my odds What's your home course?

In the Bag

Note: This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!