My Swing (KoHo)

KoHo

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 Years
My current handicap index or average score is: 13.6
My typical ball flight is: Push Draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Push

Videos: 

Continuing this topic: 

Sometimes I dig ditches with my partial wedge shots and just wondering if I should actively shallow my downswing or take the club back shallower. Thanks for your help.

Didn't you say you were working with Evolvr? Did you ever send in partial wedge shots?

Your hands have very little depth at A4.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

49 minutes ago, billchao said:

Didn't you say you were working with Evolvr? Did you ever send in partial wedge shots?

Yeah I had 6 months of Evolvr instruction about a year and a half ago and I only sent in mid iron videos. Maybe it's time to start em up again. I've only started using partial swings for the last few months.

2 minutes ago, KoHo said:

Yeah I had 6 months of Evolvr instruction about a year and a half ago and I only sent in mid iron videos. Maybe it's time to start em up again. I've only started using partial swings for the last few months.

I would recommend going back to Evolvr because they know a lot more than I do. 

Your full swing looks a lot like mine. I would just play the push and align your feet left. Practice that as I had trouble with it. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

I'd recommend getting on Evolvr again, but regarding your half swings:

• You shallow the club a bit.
  • The hands go left a little early.
  • That steepens the club late.
  • It causes the path and the club to be a bit left.

01.jpg02.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm back in business fellas! Signed up again this morning. Thanks for your comments guys. Thanks for your time @iacas.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 years later...

It's been a while since I've posted a swing video, so I guess I'll put one up to commemorate my first round without a double bogie or worse. Can't believe it took this long geez. At the moment, this is the best I've hit my irons/wedges. Driver meh...

• Administrator

So, what are you going to try to do to make the driver better?

I'm not sure I love the "added lag" here, and I'd wonder about the face management here from the backswing on through. You tend to throw the clubhead behind your hands a good bit.

01.jpg02.jpg

There's always timing in the golf swing, but that looks like "more" timing than you need.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 12/30/2022 at 2:15 PM, iacas said:

So, what are you going to try to do to make the driver better?

I just watched my last Evolvr driver lesson. I'm going to see if I've made any progress since then. I've been on cruise control for a while so now is as good a time as any to get back on the wagon thanks.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, KoHo said:

I just watched my last Evolvr driver lesson. I'm going to see if I've made any progress since then. I've been on cruise control for a while so now is as good a time as any to get back on the wagon thanks.

We're still there if you ever need/want to come back. It's mostly me now, too, if that matters.