IGNORED

Struggling With Height and Length on Approach Shots

Note: This thread is 1356 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi,

I started playing golf in May and have played quite a lot (35 rounds) this summer. I’m down to a 28 hcp. I’m having trouble with the length and height of my approach shots. I hit my 3 wood and 4 iron approximately the same length (only about 110 meters/120 yards) and therefore struggling a lot on par 5 holes and long par 4 holes. I tend to not get any height at all with the ball flying short and then just rolling through the grass.

I hit short with the driver as well (about 150 meters/165 yards) but since I’m able to use a peg, height is not a problem. I’m 1,60 meters (5’2”) and 55 kg (121 lbs) so I’m sure this is part of the “problem”, but I see a lot of other women my size hit way longer. Any tips? How/what should I be practicing? Anyone been able to fix a similar problem?

Thanks in advance!

Helllo and welcome to TST. Seeing your swing by posting a video would give us the best information to help you. That being said, we’re you fitted for your equipment? What clubs are you playing?

Shafts can be important in this area. It’s also possible you’re ‘scooping’ at the ball rather than hitting it with a descending blow which actually gets the ball in the air.

Poat a video on the ‘Members Swings’ thread and we’ll take a look. Cheers!

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to TST!   We're glad you've decided to join.   Vinsk has a very good suggestion.   There are very qualified instructors here that will offer some great advise in "your" member swing thread.  

3 hours ago, Penguin28 said:

I’m 1,60 meters (5’2”) and 55 kg (121 lbs) so I’m sure this is part of the “problem

Size has very little to do in your situation.    Check out Natalie's swing.   (We're all envious but she puts in a lot of work),   BTW... she's a low handicap high school golfer and has won several tournaments.

Edited by dennyjones
  • Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Helllo and welcome to TST. Seeing your swing by posting a video would give us the best information to help you. That being said, were you fitted for your equipment? What clubs are you playing?

Shafts can be important in this area. It’s also possible you’re ‘scooping’ at the ball rather than hitting it with a descending blow which actually gets the ball in the air.

Poat a video on the ‘Members Swings’ thread and we’ll take a look. Cheers!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 1356 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!