IGNORED

Big Cedar's 5 Courses or Mesquite/Utah Trip? Any Opinions?

PATRICKW
Note: This thread is 1334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My dad and I are planning a 50th birthday golf trip for myself and him.  If we can not go to Bandon, our other options are Big Cedar in Missouri or doing a Mesquite/Utah trip.

Anyone been to both?  Which would you go back to?  Other ideas welcome.  Dad may need a cart for some rounds(medical)  Thanks in advance.

Patrick

101_0039.JPG

• iacas changed the title to Big Cedar's 5 Courses or Mesquite/Utah Trip? Any Opinions?
  • Administrator

For many of these types of things, I think that the "all inclusive" type things result in a better experience.

If you're building your own itinerary, spending money at multiple courses, you generally won't get the same service level and have the same quality of experience as if you're at one place. One place can be more accommodating for shifting tee times, dinner reservations, and so on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you go to Johnny's courses at Big Cedar/Ridgedale/Branson, MO, make sure you go when they are all open.  Ozark National has just opened, but Payne's Valley, Johnny and Tiger's tribute to local native Payne Stewart opens in September.  Johnny has a way of missing deadlines . . . Top of the Rock was closed for six or seven years, with every year being the date of re-opening.

While in the area, you should also play Branson Hills Golf Club, FKA The Payne Stewart Golf Club, and LedgeStone.

Ratings are likely to change this year, but in 2019 all were in Golfweek's Top Courses in Missouri:

1. Buffalo Ridge Springs, Hollister (m)
2. Branson Hills, Branson (m)
3. Swope Memorial, Kansas City (c)
4. Old Kinderhook, Camdenton (m)
5. Creekmore, Raymore (m)
6. Ledgestone, Branson (m)

Man of the Year in Michigan 

Note: This thread is 1334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!