IGNORED

Ever throw a club on the course?

Pedo
Note: This thread is 5865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Have you ever thrown a club on the golf course

• Yes
    • No
    • No (but I sure wanted to)

Oh lord, I've thrown countless clubs countless times. But usually it's one of those things where that particular club is something I have struggled with for awhile and I just get too mad and break it. One time in competition I threw a sand wedge up and it got stuck in a tree and I just left it there because I hated that club so much. Other than that, I don't think I've ever thrown another club while in competition. I usually wait until afterwards.

That's when I was younger, these days I'm pretty mellow out on the course.

3JACK

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My father-in-law, the most easy going guy I've ever met, helicoptered his hybrid last year. We were riding together so I was right there and I couldn't stop myself. I laughed my butt off. He looked at me, shook his head, and started to chuckle himself. I think he was actually embarassed.

driver: G10 draw 9 degrees
hybrids DWS 16 and 20 degrees
irons: x-16 3-pw
wedges: 588 RTG 51, 56 & 60
putter: Heavy Putter B3-Mball: hx tour (I'll switch after I lose these)

I dont understand why people throw their clubs, they should really punch themselves. The clubs didnt execute a bad shot, you did.

I dont see the sense in throwing something just to throw it. I guess it brings up the level of maturity of a person.

With that said. I have thrown 1 club.

Never did it again. It was my first year of playing the game when I was about 14. Not the most mature person in the world, and I let my anger get the best of me. Honestly, its the only thing I regret while playing on a course.

Since then I have seen countless others throw clubs and its hard just to watch them. I can only imagine how the person that plays with them feels.

In My Bridgestone Stand Bag:

Driver: TM r7 425 TP (8.5*) Stiff
Wood: TM Ti 5 Wood (18*) Stiff
Irons: TM r7 TP Irons (3-PW) RegularGW LW: TM rac Satin TPs ( 52* 56* 60*)Putter: TM Rossa Monza Spider Balls: Bridgestone B330s

I dont understand why people throw their clubs, they should really punch themselves.

I agree. If you watch the tour pros, they may get mad and slam the club, but they usually immediately focus on the next shot and get their mind completely engulfed with that focus.

The clubs didnt execute a bad shot, you did.

Eh. Sometimes a club can give you such a small room for error or you can take a good pass at it and the results are not as good as they should be. Thus the anger and the club chuck.

I dont see the sense in throwing something just to throw it. I guess it brings up the level of maturity of a person.

I can see throwing a club if you want to break it.

3JACK

Yes, i have alot of emotion on the course. I really regret doing it.

My worst was when i threw my 5 wood 50 yards down the fairway on 8.

I never did that again.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I haven't yet but a friend that I golf with loses it all the time. He has thrown golf clubs, broken putters and hybrids and smashed up the greens in fits of anger.

Next time he smashes the Green, tell him thats inappropriate. That is club property and not his. He is wrecking something that other people need to use, and other people work hard on perfecting.

Dont be afraid to pipe up.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

In my younger days I threw a club or two. I got a PW stuck in a tree and lost it.

My friend once tried to throw his 6 iron and it stuck to his hand so instead of throwing it forward it zinged backwards and missed by head by inches. Have not thrown once since.

I actually preferthe Project X 5.5 rifle shaft over the True Temper Gold S300 Stiff shaft when it comes to throwing clubs. The varied kick point on the lower loft irons alows you to throw them a greater distance down the fairway!

Yes, twice unfortunately.

Firstly, I think i must have sliced a tee shot ob or something with my driver as i ended up throwing it into a bush. It took me about 1-2 minutes to actually find it.

Secondly, I threw my club along the ground on a par three, I think it was due to a duck hook into a bush

I have dropped my clubs before a few times though.

I try not to throw clubs etc. If i am in a huge temper I will hit the club into the ground, in such away that no mark/a very small mark will be made so I can make it look like it never happened :) This stops be from being angry for the next few holes.

I have seen alot of people throw clubs. A kid that I used to golf with used to throw his brand new Nike Ignite driver every time we would go out. I would always tell him if it made him so mad I would take it off his hands! He never tookme up on it though. My clubs aren't the best clubs you can buy, but they are my pride and joy. I treat them like a baby. I have even thought about sleeping with my clubs some times!

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

I have seen alot of people throw clubs. A kid that I used to golf with used to throw his brand new Nike Ignite driver every time we would go out. I would always tell him if it made him so mad I would take it off his hands! He never tookme up on it though. My clubs aren't the best clubs you can buy, but they are my pride and joy. I treat them like a baby. I have even thought about sleeping with my clubs some times!

my wife says I would have to sleep in the garage if were to do that.

also I too have never thrown a club in anger, however on a lovely spring afternoon a few years back a fellow in our foursome threw his driver in pure hatred for it, and after we all tee'd off we followed suit totally mocking him to show him what an idiot he looked like. he has since resorted to just slamming his club into his bag when angry, its a start. this year I'm going to have him tee it up with my Priest and see what happens then.

whats in my bag,

Driver- 975D 7.5*
3 wood- 975F 13*
Irons- 2-pw Acushnet Tungsten AC-108'swedges-58* 64*putter-bag- staff I know its huge, but I dig it " I am McLovin"

I used to throw clubs all the time. But August of '06 was the last time. I was playing horrible at The Crossings. My second shot on #13 I shanked my 9 iron OB. I dropped right there and topped it. I tried to throw the club at the ball I'd just topped and the grip stuck to my hand. Plump! Right into the middle of the pond to my left.

Learned my lesson.

yes i throw clubs. it is because i have a tough time controlling my temper on the course. i am working on it though. i have always been a hot head and it has cost me a lot of money in broken clubs and embarassment. lol

anyone know of a golf anger management course lol???

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

anyone know of a golf anger management course lol???

now that's a Dr. Phil special that I would love to see.

whats in my bag,

Driver- 975D 7.5*
3 wood- 975F 13*
Irons- 2-pw Acushnet Tungsten AC-108'swedges-58* 64*putter-bag- staff I know its huge, but I dig it " I am McLovin"

I once threw an iron in anger on the second or third hole during a one round tournament and it sailed a good 50 yards and landed in a lake at least 50 feet from the shore. Fortunately, the air in in the shaft allowed it to float with about one inch of the grip showing and I had to swim out and retrieve it and played the next several holes soaking wet.

I settled down immediately afterwards ended up winning that tournament by one stroke over 119 other players. This was a charity tournament, no money but a reasonably nice trophy and a bunch of prizes I didn't want or need.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

I never got the throwing a club mentality. Like ive dropped a club or tossed it over my shoulder to be funny... But throwing it out of anger or breaking clubs just seems silly to me... Its supposed to be fun. And man clubs are expensive.

Note: This thread is 5865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!