IGNORED

Stock Market

DewSweeper09
Note: This thread is 1174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

I’m an active trader and seeing who else invests. The CoVID pandemic has caused quite a bit of volatility in the markets. Interested to hear anyone else’s positions and strategy for this market when we’re not on the course. Thanks!

My Tesla positions are thankfully looking great today. I’m long in Tesla and it’s been a wild ride last few months. I don’t have a large position in Acushnet but it’s done well over the past week. It’s the golf related investment I own. Anyone own an other golf related positions? ELY, ADDYY etc?

I've recently been thinking about getting back into the market. I inherited shares of P&G from my father (he inherited it from his uncle), and I should have never sold them. Think I sold in 2015 when it was in the 70s and it's basically double now. The dividends were decent, it's a somewhat local company for me, and I see lots of value to getting back into their stock. Will probably diversify some when I do.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

I've recently been thinking about getting back into the market. I inherited shares of P&G from my father (he inherited it from his uncle), and I should have never sold them. Think I sold in 2015 when it was in the 70s and it's basically double now. The dividends were decent, it's a somewhat local company for me, and I see lots of value to getting back into their stock. Will probably diversify some when I do.

It certainly been wild. I bought 50 shares of Tesla one year ago at about $259 per share. It skyrocketed to $2200 a share and a few weeks ago split so I have 250 shares now at $428. Wish I bought more but my portfolio is diversified so I limit risk. The market is volatile near elections and factoring in the pandemic. Apple is a good price right now after it also split and is a good long term position.

4 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I have a couple of weed stocks, a foil gum wrapper, and some belly button lint to play with in Robinhood

Are you on WSB? lol

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

PENN is my big winner. Also waiting for travel to pop as I bought some bottomed out airline and energy positions and then I have a Tech fund that has killed it this year. Last year it was buy and sell and this year I bought at a good price and I am holding. I am not looking at anything right now to buy, just waiting for some chickens to hatch. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

33 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

PENN is my big winner. Also waiting for travel to pop as I bought some bottomed out airline and energy positions and then I have a Tech fund that has killed it this year. Last year it was buy and sell and this year I bought at a good price and I am holding. I am not looking at anything right now to buy, just waiting for some chickens to hatch. 

Very nice. PENN and DKNG have done well.  Yes it has been great after 3/23. I had some call options on CCL when it fell to $8. I have a large position in DFEN, which is aerospace & defense and the primary holdings are Boeing, Raytheon and Lockheed Martin. Hoping that one climbs after this pandemic.

50 minutes ago, DewSweeper09 said:

Very nice. PENN and DKNG have done well.  Yes it has been great after 3/23. I had some call options on CCL when it fell to $8. I have a large position in DFEN, which is aerospace & defense and the primary holdings are Boeing, Raytheon and Lockheed Martin. Hoping that one climbs after this pandemic.

Well, I figure that travel will be the first thing to pop once people get fed up enough with this Pandemic, especially lower risk demographics. I had American AAL but sold and bought Delta DAL after my Utah trip. I flew both and the customer experience of Delta greatly exceeded anything we experienced on American. I attribute it to people that have a stake in their company versus people that were really unhappy and let you know it.

Now I have to hold PENN because of long-term versus short-term gains. Its a great problem to have. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

4 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

Well, I figure that travel will be the first thing to pop once people get fed up enough with this Pandemic, especially lower risk demographics. I had American AAL but sold and bought Delta DAL after my Utah trip. I flew both and the customer experience of Delta greatly exceeded anything we experienced on American. I attribute it to people that have a stake in their company versus people that were really unhappy and let you know it.

Now I have to hold PENN because of long-term versus short-term gains. Its a great problem to have. 

You could also take a position in JETS. It’s an etf that holds the airlines you mentioned and more.

On 10/7/2020 at 4:21 PM, DewSweeper09 said:

MJ (etf) or a general like CGC?

Something called Cronos, which has been absolute shite.

Edited by colin007
Spelling

Colin P.

11 hours ago, colin007 said:

Something called Cronos, which has been absolute shite.

They may see a bump with the recent talk about legalizing and decriminalization. I have no positions in weed stocks, but canopy growth would be the safest bet with the backing they have by Corona and multiple celebrities. I’ve been more interested in disruptive innovation and technology like EV.

An amazing day in the market!! What a terrific turnaround to make money this week. TSLA AAPL SPY all surging!! Keep an eye on the progress of the stimulus.. TQQQ is ripping for my portfolio.

Now time to get out and play some golf!!! Have a great weekend golfers!

Tesla picked up where it left off and continues to surge! Earnings are next week and Apple positions are soaring too. With all the election uncertainty and related market volatility, the run continues. 

don’t forget to set trailing stop loss on your positions! Those of you that do invest good luck next couple weeks.

BD7EC3CE-6C61-456A-9A7B-6E39319910BA.jpeg

Note: This thread is 1174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!