IGNORED

The Search for Koepka's Ball

Bonvivant
Note: This thread is 1258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is anyone else watching this madness? 10 Guys putting their hands into the thick rough on hole 11. They found it about 1:40 in by my count. I guess Rickie had something similar in an earlier round in the same spot but it was never found.

edit*

Where he got to drop was absolute crazy.

Edited by Bonvivant
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Not sure what you're talking about. Please find a Tweet or Instagram video or something about it. Otherwise, I'm not sure what your issues (or whatever) are with it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don’t have a problem with it, kinda reminds me of the crowd/mob moving that boulder for Tiger years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

10 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

I don’t have a problem with it, kinda reminds me of the crowd/mob moving that boulder for Tiger years ago.

Thanks for the video. He got to drop in a puttable position from there and made a comfy birdie. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Thanks for the video. He got to drop in a puttable position from there and made a comfy birdie. 

I'm still not sure what you find so "crazy" about his drop.

• Shot 3 in the hole
  • Shot 2 36 ft 10 in. to green, 6 ft 3 in. to hole
  • Drop in right intermediate, 43 ft 0 in. to hole
  • Shot 1 283 yds to right rough, 42 ft 5 in. to hole

He dropped in the rough. The hole is a 293-yard par four.

image.png

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

• Shot 3 in the hole

image.png

I think that it's a big feeling thing for me. Maybe an addendum to the rule could be added something like this "If a ball is embedded, the player may take relief within one clublength and no closer to the hole, but must stay in the same cut of grass".

He played within the rules of course, it's just me being salty and not understanding why the rules allow stuff like this. Very similar to lots of other rules/relief things that I see.

45 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

I am a little confused, I assume he took an unplayable to get the drop, which s/b a stroke

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

• Shot 3 in the hole

image.png

how is this a birdie? I must be missing something.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

1 minute ago, StuM said:

I am a little confused, I assume he took an unplayable to get the drop, which s/b a stroke

The ball was embedded, allowing for free relief.

1 minute ago, StuM said:

It's a par 4

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

I think that it's a big feeling thing for me. Maybe an addendum to the rule could be added something like this "If a ball is embedded, the player may take relief within one clublength and no closer to the hole, but must stay in the same cut of grass".

No.

There's no such thing in the Rules, really, for the "cut of grass." The ball was in the general area.

1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

He played within the rules of course, it's just me being salty and not understanding why the rules allow stuff like this. Very similar to lots of other rules/relief things that I see.

You keep having these "feelings" about the Rules, but your "rules" based on your feelings would be about 5x longer and much more complex than the current Rules.

What if your stance is in the rough and the ball is in the fairway? What if it's embedded on the edge of the rough or fairway? What if you can't tell if it's rough or fairway? What if your ball embeds in a divot hole in the fairway? What if it embeds in an area in the fairway with little to no grass?

I think you got mad at me when I asked you to learn a little about the rules before talking about them in this type of way a year or more ago, but these scratch the surface of why that's important. You can't operate on what things "feel" like.

Sometimes the Rules benefit you, sometimes they penalize you. But, overall, they're pretty damn good for what they have to accomplish, and relatively simple.

1 hour ago, StuM said:

Embedded ball = free relief.

Note: This thread is 1258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!