IGNORED

Quick Questions Regarding Evolvr

Note: This thread is 1063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• What's the minimum camera quality will you guys consider watching? The rear camera for my phone is 2MP and the front camera is 0.3 MP.
  • I only have one camera and a tripod, so I can't record the side and behind at the same time. Is that OK?

• Administrator
4 hours ago, golfindude1 said:
  • What's the minimum camera quality will you guys consider watching? The rear camera for my phone is 2MP and the front camera is 0.3 MP.
  • I only have one camera and a tripod, so I can't record the side and behind at the same time. Is that OK?

Use the 2MP camera and just record separate swings. Everyone does. No need to record the same swing - your swing is pretty much the same every time.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, golfindude1 said:

I just use my iPhone. There are adapters for tripods. Others just mount their phone or camera on their bag. Bag height is good because it’s hand height.

In a practice session, I will set up either face on or down the line and check camera angles. DTL I will lay a club along my toe line and aim the camera there. Then I film that side. I will do driver and 6 or 7 iron and maybe wedges. Then switch to the other view and repeat. It takes a little practice, but once you’ve done it a few times, it’s easy.

Try not to fuss about getting a perfect swing. Ones that feel good or bad actually look pretty similar. You want your Evolvr instructor to see what you have. I will set up, but not film until I’m warm and ready to film the drill or swing.

Lastly, trim the video down. I post it to YouTube and just put the link in Evolvr. You don’t have to worry about file size that way. I post as unlisted and full HD.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 3:24 AM, iacas said:

Use the 2MP camera and just record separate swings. Everyone does. No need to record the same swing - your swing is pretty much the same every time.

On 10/24/2020 at 5:24 AM, boogielicious said:

I just use my iPhone. There are adapters for tripods. Others just mount their phone or camera on their bag. Bag height is good because it’s hand height.

In a practice session, I will set up either face on or down the line and check camera angles. DTL I will lay a club along my toe line and aim the camera there. Then I film that side. I will do driver and 6 or 7 iron and maybe wedges. Then switch to the other view and repeat. It takes a little practice, but once you’ve done it a few times, it’s easy.

Try not to fuss about getting a perfect swing. Ones that feel good or bad actually look pretty similar. You want your Evolvr instructor to see what you have. I will set up, but not film until I’m warm and ready to film the drill or swing.

Lastly, trim the video down. I post it to YouTube and just put the link in Evolvr. You don’t have to worry about file size that way. I post as unlisted and full HD.

• If I have more questions regarding things that are outside my swing, is it best to post them on TST or Evolvr? I want to make sure that I go to the appropriate site for help just like the difference between going to a doctor and a hospital. For example: I want to know the difference between a flop shot and a pitch shot but going online there isn't one agreed definition.
  • If I decide to cancel and I change my mind a few months later, do I have to follow the payment method again ($59 for first month and $49 for the month after that)?

• Administrator

Post general questions like that here.

Yes, you’d have to enroll again.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Post general questions like that here.

Yes, you’d have to enroll again.

• Give me a rough estimate of how many videos you get per month and how many people are currently in your program.
  • I've never taken lessons from a PGA pro before so this will be my very first if I sign up. Should I expect every practice session, after I get feedback from one of the pros, to have incremental improvement? You'd never know if you get a lesson and after, for example, two weeks I'm not seeing that improvement I wanted.
  • How often should I send the videos per week?

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, golfindude1 said:
  • Give me a rough estimate of how many videos you get per month and how many people are currently in your program.
  • I've never taken lessons from a PGA pro before so this will be my very first if I sign up. Should I expect every practice session, after I get feedback from one of the pros, to have incremental improvement? You'd never know if you get a lesson and after, for example, two weeks I'm not seeing that improvement I wanted.
  • I decline. That's our private business information.
  • I can't say because I don't know what you're going to work on or how well you practice.
  • You can't send "videos per week" (as in plural). You're limited to four four submissions (a submission can have more than one video) per month. Many members don't use anywhere close to that.

10 hours ago, golfindude1 said:

The best approach is to send in a full swing video, face on and down-the-line, and in detail explain what your misses are. Example: my mid iron shots tend to over draw and I sometimes hit them heavy. The Evolvr instructor will send back an analysis and identify a priority piece for you to work on. I sometimes respond asking a question about the drill or piece. I then work on the piece for at least a couple of weeks. If the instructor asks me to send back a video of the drill, I do that. But I don’t send in another full swing of that iron swing until I feel I’ve made progress.

I may send in another video of a different swing like driver, short game, sand, partial wedges, even putting. But I won’t keep sending the same swing unless I see improvement or am really struggling.

I’ve averaged about two videos a month. Don’t put pressure on yourself to send in as many videos as you can. Some changes take time.

As @iacas suggested, work on practicing correctly. Film your drills to see if you are doing them right. Post the drills in your My Swing thread and we can help. Learning how to practice is almost as challenging as learning how to play.

• Like 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 6 months later...

I’m considering signing up. Is there a way to add narratives or talk with an instructor about things or is it just video upload? I’d like to share narrative bits about what I’m thinking/trying to do, old habits I’m trying to overcome, my tendencies, etc. I can give launch monitor data as well where necessary. 

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

4 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

I’m considering signing up. Is there a way to add narratives or talk with an instructor about things or is it just video upload?

It is a forum similar to this site so you can definitely have a dialog. 

-Chris Brooks

I've blogged about my wanderings since 2003. I love roaming throughout the USA looking for remote public golf courses to play.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, ncates00 said:

I’m considering signing up. Is there a way to add narratives or talk with an instructor about things or is it just video upload? I’d like to share narrative bits about what I’m thinking/trying to do, old habits I’m trying to overcome, my tendencies, etc. I can give launch monitor data as well where necessary.

Like @Chris Brooks said, it's the same forum software used here. It's more than just video upload. Many of our students have uploaded their Trackman or FlightScope numbers, etc. We have a questionnaire when you log in. Etc.

Just, when you sign up, give it 15 minutes as a topic is automatically created for you.

Note: This thread is 1063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!