IGNORED

Purple Ice Graphite Shafts

Note: This thread is 1250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bought a Taylormade R7 Driver with the purple ice graphite shaft 65s, can't believe what a difference this driver is compared to my M3. My M3 goes left right with a mind of its own, R7 is mostly straight and long, wow I'm in shock at the difference but not sure why?

I bought on eBay cheap because I was looking for a different shaft for my M3, question I have is will this shaft work better in the M3 or do I leave well enough alone and use the R7. The theory is that the M3 is better technology so should perform better, right?

• iacas changed the title to Purple Ice Graphite Shafts

The Graphite Design Purple Ice is an awesome shaft.  It’s old but... just older.  I remember it being low kick so it’s got a softer tip and go the ball up.

I would keep it in the R7 and go online and try to find one for your M3.  Even if you pick one up without the proper adapter tip just bring it to a Golf Galaxy or any golf store and they can easily put one on.  Don’t possibly ruin a club you can hit well.

It might be a 75 gram shaft too.  Chances are it’s at least 10 grams heavier than what’s in the M3.  The heavier shaft might be what your swing needs.  Heavier helps a lot of people keep the shaft on plane better.

Now you have me going  to look at them!!  Sorta wish I still had mine!

Edited by Typhoon92

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

The Graphite Design Purple Ice is an awesome shaft.  It’s old but... just older.  I remember it being low kick so it’s got a softer tip and go the ball up.

I would keep it in the R7 and go online and try to find one for your M3.  Even if you pick one up without the proper adapter tip just bring it to a Golf Galaxy or any golf store and they can easily put one on.  Don’t possibly ruin a club you can hit well.

It might be a 75 gram shaft too.  Chances are it’s at least 10 grams heavier than what’s in the M3.  The heavier shaft might be what your swing needs.  Heavier helps a lot of people keep the shaft on plane better.

Now you have me going  to look at them!!  Sorta wish I still had mine!

Not touching that R7, had a hit with the R7 and M3 and r3 still much better. Didn't hit any long clubs well but short irons were straight;ish, I think 65s means 65grams stiff with 8.5degrees loft. I was looking for 11 ish loft and didn't really notice the 8.5 lol, so got it by not paying attention. All good...

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 1250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!