IGNORED

Club Comp Entry

Rozz

Interesting thread.  I belong to a couple of traveling golf leagues as well as a couple of golf clubs.  We too have to either respond to a call for players email or we have to call the club to get entered.  Rarely do we have an event that fills up as quickly as the OP has indicated here.  I would imagine in our case, we don't have what seems to be an abundance of members as the OP's club does.  Sounds to me like OP needs to have a discussion with the Committee handling registration.  Or he needs to do what we have to do if you want a good tee time on Saturday...start calling at 6:30am because at 6:45am all the premium tee times are long gone.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct links for Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package. Save 10% on Mevo with coupon code "IACAS" as well.
    • Wow, that's way too depressing to see on this thread. Time to change it. TLDR, I suffered a serious setback after my last post here and it took 2.5 years to recover. I have barely played golf these last six years, but I'm kind of, sort of back right now. I still get treatment regularly, and all I can do is hope I can manage these issues so I can return to the game I love so much. I don't necessarily want to relive the last couple years here right now, but just know they were really difficult.  I played 9 today with my dad from 5700-5800 yards. This is my third time playing since returning in mid-June. I played remarkably well all things considered. This was the only swing we filmed today, and it's with my dad's Ping G10 7-iron, but this is more or less what I did all day. I shot +4 with no birdies and didn't lose a ball. I was hitting driver between 220 and 260 yards, but most of them went like 250 I think? I hit this thin bleeder cut all day, but it was predictable and functional.  Erik fixed my setup by getting some weight out of my heels, but the swing thought I'm using to make my swing function is "make a super armsy downswing." Brian Creghan gave me that tip years ago and it still works. If I don't use this swing thought, my swing stops being functional. I'm also trying to stay super soft, relaxed and short with my action.  I guess I should include a FO. Here's the only one I have so far. It's a PW (a mulligan) on a short par 3. This was June 20th at the same course (Sandhill Crane in Palm Beach Gardens). I thinned this onto the green. Sorry for some reason, it won't let me embed it.  https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-EIbHWqOMEU Here's a rear view six iron, also from June 20. This drew too much but hit the fairway and I ended up making par (300 yard par-4).    Anyway, like I said, Erik gave me a good setup fix (less weight on heels) and I'm using "swing arms" as my priority. I know my swing doesn't look great but it's really functional despite how it looks. I've lost maybe one ball thru 27 holes? No range until tonight where I hit that only ball.  Fingers crossed I can maintain my health this time around. I'm getting some treatment at Palm Beach Sports Medicine tomorrow with a good DPT. Still trying to fix some stuff on the anterior deltoid that bothers me at times, but things in general with my shoulders are a lot better than they used to be. I eat the keto diet now (3+ years running), I workout/rehab regularly, and my sleep/stress has been really healthy this past year. It's all helping me get better.  Hopefully I can update this thread often in the future since that means I'm healthy. Cheers, guys. Thanks for reading. 🙂
    • Yes. And they're welcome to come to the event on the 30th in Ohio, and create another topic if they want to set up an event in WNY later this summer. 🙂 Interested List: @saevel25 @iacas @RFKFREAK @Carl3 @Hardspoon @vasaribm @brockman21 @ChetlovesMer @Slim_Pivot @Greenshirt100
    • Yeah, there's a few folks on the forum who live in upstate/western NY.
    • Wordle 382 3/6 ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Featured groups are already a thing but more of them. I rarely watch the main broadcast anymore.    The masters app has the feature where you can watch every shot from every player. Would love to have that customizable during the day. Queue up a set of players and it plays their shots. Maybe PIP.    More caddy n player audio or even player/player interactions. Should have more on course interviews too.    Love some of the technology ideas already stated    
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Chicagolfer
      Chicagolfer
      (32 years old)
    2. IlliniBoy
      IlliniBoy
      (36 years old)
    3. Provisional
      Provisional
      (77 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...