IGNORED

Full Swing Kit (Launch Monitor) to be Released in 2021

Note: This thread is 861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Frequently Asked Questions Presale FAQs No. Reservations cost $100 for each model.  Yes, reservation fees are refunded with reservation cancellation by e-mailing kitsupport@fullswing.com. A reminder at this...

WHAT ARE THE 16 DATA POINTS THAT THE FULL SWING KIT LAUNCH MONITOR PROVIDES AFTER EACH SHOT?

1. Carry Distance
  2. Total Distance
  3. Spin Rate
  4. Spin Axis
  5. Ball Speed
  6. Club Speed
  7. Smash Factor
  8. Club Path
  9. Face Angle
  10. Face to Path
  11. Attack Angle
  12. Launch Angle
  13. Horizontal Angle
  14. Apex Height
  15. Side Carry Distance
  16. Side Total Distance

@david_wedzik and I put $100 each down on a pre-order and our "exclusive" pre-order window opens the 25th through the 27th next week. We're looking at dropping $3899 (each, if we want one each like we had planned), and I'm not sure why I'd drop that — or even another $1899 — when the Mevo+ does those 16 things.

The bold in the list above are done by the Mevo+ (as well as "Flight Time" and "Shot Shape" and "Spin Loft"), and so the Full Swing Kit adds… Club Path (likely measured), and then two likely calculated data points in face angle and face to path.

I haven't seen any reviews of these things, of course. I don't even know if they work indoors to start, because elsewhere in the email, it says that a software update will be available to enable some modes in Q1 2022, and it may have implied that this included indoor mode (but may have just included E6 integration? I can't be sure.)

It requires ten feet behind the golfer, while the Mevo+ will work with seven to eight.

Has anyone seen any good reviews of the thing?

Harry Brandt is getting one tomorrow or the next day, though, so I look forward to hearing what he has to say.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 hours ago, iacas said:

Frequently Asked Questions Presale FAQs No. Reservations cost $100 for each model.  Yes, reservation fees are refunded with reservation cancellation...

@david_wedzik and I put $100 each down on a pre-order and our "exclusive" pre-order window opens the 25th through the 27th next week. We're looking at dropping $3899 (each, if we want one each like we had planned), and I'm not sure why I'd drop that — or even another $1899 — when the Mevo+ does those 16 things.

The bold in the list above are done by the Mevo+ (as well as "Flight Time" and "Shot Shape" and "Spin Loft"), and so the Full Swing Kit adds… Club Path (likely measured), and then two likely calculated data points in face angle and face to path.

I haven't seen any reviews of these things, of course. I don't even know if they work indoors to start, because elsewhere in the email, it says that a software update will be available to enable some modes in Q1 2022, and it may have implied that this included indoor mode (but may have just included E6 integration? I can't be sure.)

It requires ten feet behind the golfer, while the Mevo+ will work with seven to eight.

Has anyone seen any good reviews of the thing?

Harry Brandt is getting one tomorrow or the next day, though, so I look forward to hearing what he has to say.

I have not heard of any reviews. I started comparing the features with the Mevo+ and for the price and amount of use it would get at my house, I opted to get my refund. I just couldn't justify the cost when the Mevo would do everything I need.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I don't think they said it wasn't "indoor ready." I think they said the simulator stuff wasn't ready yet.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to Full Swing Kit (Launch Monitor) to be Released in 2021
  • Administrator
fullswing.png

We review the Full Swing KIT Launch Monitor. The Full Swing KIT unit has no subscriptions and costs $3,999. Should you buy? Let's find out!

They like:

• The camera that records your swing. I think, while "nice," recording from 8" in the air and out on the target line is a horrible angle. Almost as bad as not having video at all.
  • The customizability of the unit. But the Mevo+ lets you customize a bunch of stuff too, it's just on your phone instead of on a display on the unit itself.
  • That you don't have to use the stickers on the clubface? Guys, it doesn't actually "measure" the clubface. It can't even "see" the clubface.

Other notes:

• The spin numbers with the driver versus the GC Quad were terrible. If you assume the spin on the GCQ was accurate (1981), then the FSK showed 2711!!!! Some of the other numbers were off, too. AoA was 4.6 vs. 2.3, etc. "As you can see from the data, the biggest concerns are with spin and carry distances. On more than half of the shots, spin differed by more than 500 rpm, topping out with an alarming miss of roughly 1,680 rpm."
  • No indoor mode yet.
  • 5000 RPM with a PW? Maybe the GCQuad wasn't doing a very good job here. That's really low. Anyway, FSK was 2400 different.

For the entertainment golfer, this unit is our favorite so far.

What?!?!? Compared to the Mevo+ at half the price? And which works indoors and outdoors? What are they smoking?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

What are they smoking?

MGS also had Rapsodo as the most wanted personal launch monitor, so whatever it is, it's not good.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

MGS also had Rapsodo as the most wanted personal launch monitor, so whatever it is, it's not good.

Another horrible camera angle.

Note: This thread is 861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!