IGNORED

Part-Time Seasonal Jobs

golfindude1
Note: This thread is 1221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I want to know what kinds of part-time jobs are offered seasonally that closely relate to golf. I'd like to know how much experience is generally needed. I've never worked in a paid job before so I wonder how detrimental lack of connections is for working. I'd also like to know what I would exactly be doing there as well.

At a golf course and having no experience, nearly everyone starts as outside staff. That includes but not limited to, cleaning, parking, and gassing/hooking up carts, picking the range, cleaning bathrooms (maybe), cleaning the outside common areas, marshaling the course, and sometimes being a starter. Another option is maintenance, but that involves being at the course at 4-5am and there maybe an age requirement. If you try to apply at a country club, there may be other options.

• Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, phillyk said:

At a golf course and having no experience, nearly everyone starts as outside staff. That includes but not limited to, cleaning, parking, and gassing/hooking up carts, picking the range, cleaning bathrooms (maybe), cleaning the outside common areas, marshaling the course, and sometimes being a starter. Another option is maintenance, but that involves being at the course at 4-5am and there maybe an age requirement. If you try to apply at a country club, there may be other options.

Is there a platform like an Indeed or LinkedIn to apply for these type jobs or do I have to directly contact them to see if they need anyone? I tried looking for them on Google and couldn't find any of them that fit this description and is also located close to where I live.

1 hour ago, golfindude1 said:

Is there a platform like an Indeed or LinkedIn to apply for these type jobs or do I have to directly contact them to see if they need anyone? I tried looking for them on Google and couldn't find any of them that fit this description and is also located close to where I live.

I know of some places that have used Indeed. Best way is to visit courses in person to ask, check for golf management companies in the area, and sometimes pga.org jobfinder. Best time to ask about openings is a couple months before season starts or right in the beginning. It never hurts when you are out to play or practice to ask about jobs too. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I don't know how the season works in California, but around here you need to start hitting up courses in March as they get ready for the busier season and longer days. You will need to go into the pro shop and apply in person most of the time. No experience means, like @phillyk said, you will start as outside staff working in the cart barn, picking the range, and other types of work like that. Depending on your age you could possibly look at being a marshal or a starter, but normally those jobs are reserved for older folks.

Some courses also have opportunities in food and beverage, you can often make more money in that area, but not all courses give playing privileges to those people if thats what you're looking for. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 1221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!