IGNORED

Lido Being (Re-)Built at Sand Valley

iacas

Looks amazing 

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played Lido in September. It's been on my to-do list to post a review for about 6 months now. I needed to let my thoughts settle on it before I did. I'll get around to a full review soon(ish). But here are some quick bullets on my overall thoughts:

• Incredible scale and piece of property. The place is huge. The fairways and greens are massive. 
  • Really stimulating course. While the fairways and greens are massive, trouble lurks everywhere if you are not careful. If you are hitting it straight, you can score. If not, you are going to be in a lot of bunkers. The course rating and slope reflect this, which were 72.1/144 from the tees we played.
  • A lot of really cool holes. The channel hole was awesome. The biarritz hole was out of this world. The redan was a great rendition and really tough.
  • The gripe I have is that the firmness needs to be turned down a hair. Stopping anything on the green from shorter than 80 yards or more than ~160 was virtually impossible. I hit a perfect 5 iron into the channel hole that hit the front of the green and ended up 30 yards over the green. I also had a few 50-60 yard wedge shots that rolled out a good 10-15 yards. And I put a lot of spin on the ball. I probably hit a few 350 yard drives with how firm the fairways were. I love firm and fast, but this was a touch too firm and fast. I think as the grass grows in, this will fix itself. I do hope the course plays a little more firm than Sand Valley or Mammoth, but this was too much.

I want to get back out there in 2-3 years and play it again. I want to see it fully mature. I also want to play it back a tee box to bring more bunkers into play off the tee and so I'm not hitting a bunch of 50 yard wedges (I had at least 3 that I remember, and I think I'm missing a few).

The bottom line is that it's an incredible course. I would put it close to the best courses I've played. It's probably top 5 even with the OTT conditions. I think it could be 2nd if it plays closer to a normal, sand-based course.

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

hoping to go up there and play.  played the other courses last year and loved.  have friend who said the lido was awesome

Edited by grubby98

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2