IGNORED

Con-man of the decade...

Note: This thread is 5896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He doesnt pay all of them...Explain to me why Mike Weir, Tim Herron, and a lot of Tour pros with other equipment sponsor contracts keep trying putters out again and again and keep coming back to a Scotty--theyre just quality putters-thats the reason theyre popular

They are quality putters and a lot of pros use them. Alot guys use the two-ball also. He pays more pros than you know of or I know of. I would bet my life on it. I would just consider it part of his marketing fund, and by the way you're talking, it must work :)

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I seem to recall an article in Golf Magazine two years ago saying that the Odyssey 2-ball was the hottest thing going..

Beat me too it on the 2 ball comment

In the
AMP Cart Bag
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

the difference between Mr. Cameron and Odyssey is the fact that Mr. cameron creates his putters by hand..Odyssey golf mass produces putters from a mold--whereas a CAMERON CREATION is a concept protype that scotty designs by himself...the guy is amazing

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

the difference between Mr. Cameron and Odyssey is the fact that Mr. cameron creates his putters by hand..Odyssey golf mass produces putters from a mold--whereas a CAMERON CREATION is a concept protype that scotty designs by himself...the guy is amazing

That comment is epic. How about the rest of the putter makers that make their putters by hand

In the
AMP Cart Bag

• Administrator

Uhh... Scotty doesn't "create his putters by hand" any more than anyone else. I like and use Cameron putters, but get real man.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Uhh... Scotty doesn't "create his putters by hand" any more than anyone else. I like and use Cameron putters, but get real man.

I meant his CREATIONS....he handcrafts all of the prototypes-----the pro platinums and the circa 62's of the world are obvioulsy produced by mold....Also the Tour Use ones--he mills them himself to make a putter exactly what a Tour player desires

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I meant his CREATIONS....he handcrafts all of the prototypes-----the pro platinums and the circa 62's of the world are obvioulsy produced by mold....Also the Tour Use ones--he mills them himself to make a putter exactly what a Tour player desires

I don't believe that is true. He customizes some by hand maybe, but he doesn't hand make a putter for every tour player that uses them.

Just found this article from Golf Digest. Here's a quote from Mike Weir "I've used the same putter--a Scotty Cameron Newport--for six years. Bought it out of a golf shop when I was on the Canadian tour. I like the look of it and it has a great, soft feel. But that doesn't keep me from experimenting with other putters." Doesn't sound hand made to me.

In the
AMP Cart Bag

Dude... seriously, you need to stop for a bit LoL, it's getting out of hand (although it is entertaining). No Cameron is produced in a mold, all of them are milled, maybe a few of them are skimmed, but personally don't think so. Circle T putters are NOT all made by Scotty Cameron, but I can tell you that you don't have to be a tour pro to get one. All you need to do is call them up, give them your specs, and give them your credit card number, you'll see a charge in the area of 2500.00 appear on your next statement. I'm glad you like Scotty Cameron putters, I personally own 3 of them and think they're good stuff too, but they don't even come close to what Slighter, Byron, and C&L; are making right now. Last but not least (and to remain on topic) I wouldn't go so far as to call him a con-man... But marketing genious would be appropiate :)

In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

Dude... seriously, you need to stop for a bit LoL, it's getting out of hand (although it is entertaining). No Cameron is produced in a mold, all of them are milled, maybe a few of them are skimmed, but personally don't think so. Circle T putters are NOT all made by Scotty Cameron, but I can tell you that you don't have to be a tour pro to get one. All you need to do is call them up, give them your specs, and give them your credit card number, you'll see a charge in the area of 2500.00 appear on your next statement. I'm glad you like Scotty Cameron putters, I personally own 3 of them and think they're good stuff too, but they don't even come close to what Slighter, Byron, and C&L; are making right now. Last but not least (and to remain on topic) I wouldn't go so far as to call him a con-man... But marketing genious would be appropiate :)

Most of the handmades say Scott Cameron on the face right?

In the
AMP Cart Bag

Yes i agree with you-- they are all milled but are milled from a set mold of steel...Scotty does most of the customization i.e. paintfill and stamping etc.....A lot of Tour putters are handcrafted because of the players desire of weight and or shape of putter..but this can fall under the title of customization

Actually there's really not a whole lot of rhyme or reason when it comes to the stampings in relation to whether it's hand made or not. At least not to my knowledge.

Regarding the comments above, anything related to a mold is not even close to the same thing as a milled putter of any type. Also, there's a whole assortment of people who do the paintfill and stamping on all of his putters. My understanding is that Scotty doesn't spend all that much time in the shop anymore, but I don't work there so I couldn't say for sure
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

• Administrator
Yes i agree with you-- they are all milled but are milled from a set mold of steel...Scotty does most of the customization i.e. paintfill and stamping etc.....A lot of Tour putters are handcrafted because of the players desire of weight and or shape of putter..but this can fall under the title of customization

What the heck is a "set mold of steel"? And a lot of his putters aren't even steel anymore.

If by "set mold" of steel you mean "a block of," then sure... but it seems likely you're just trying to revise your tune to make it fit. Amusing, but not at all helpful. This thread's run its course, the OP has had his point discussed, and now we're off topic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!