IGNORED

Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 5893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Which one do you use and why?

Do they really make a difference?

If they do which one would be the best? Not too expensive balls of course.
I want to add more distance in my drives and works well with my irons and lands soft around the green.

905R 10.5*
15* 19* & 23*
R7 Draw 5-SW
Vokey 60.04
Ignite

I use the Bridgestone B330--they are very soft and moderatly long..the most important thing i think is that they are pretty durable--because i hit it pretty hard and scuff it with my irons--they are a fantastic ball

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I'm wondering the same thing. I have a bag full of Prov1's that I found when I worked at a golf course 2 yrs ago, but I don't know what I'm going to do when I lose all of them. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to pay ~$50 for 12 ProV1's.

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

If I am playing well, I'll use a ProV1. If I'm not playing so well, I'll use a Srixon or an NXT or whatever else is in my bag that doesn't cost too much!

In the UK & Aus, a missed fairway was generally trees which you had a chance of finding the ball in. In Dubai, there is a lot of water, so a missed fairway for a large % of the time is simply a very wet & very lost ball.

I find a ProV1 is definitely nicer to play than an NXT - softer, more control etc. But being more $ than an NXT, I don't play them often here.

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

THIS should help you decide. Titleist NXTs, Pinnacle Platinums and Bridgestone e5/e6s seem to be good mid-priced balls and Top Flite has some new good inexpensive balls. Buy a sleeve of a few different ones and try them out.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

I play the ProV1... sometimes the Bridgestone B330-S.

Good balls definitely make a difference. I read an article that was suggesting even higher handicap players can benefit greatly from a softer/better ball, especially around the green.

I would recommend the Bridgestone E5/E6... I played the E6 for a while last summer, and it really helped me straighten out my drives.

The new callaway tour ix's, hands down, best ball ive ever used, better then Pro-Vs IMO, better feel, good distance and superb spin.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I need a recommendation too. I've been using the Bridgestone e5+ and I love the way it feels and spins around the greens, but I have trouble with it ballooning on full shots with my driver and irons. Bridgestone advertises it as a high trajectory ball and I naturally launch the ball pretty high, so it's not a great match. My driver swing speed is around 108 and 5 iron ss is 88 or so.

Last year I played with a Nike One Black that I found and I really loved its trajectory. Anyone know of any mid-priced balls ($20-30) that would play similar to this? I've also tried the NXT Tour, Top Flite Gamer, and Srixon AD333. The NXT Tour and Gamer were pretty nice, but still didnt quite have the penetrating trajectory of the One Black. I'm particulary interested in the Taylor Made Burner Tour and the Callaway HX Hot Bite...
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

. . .I used to use any decent ball I found until I started to get serious last year about playing more and getting better. (still definitely in the works!)

I've used Titleist NXT's and recently splurged and bought a dozen ProV1's. Will not know if they make any difference until the weather in Maryland gets a little warmer. . .played last Friday and they felt like rocks when I hit them!

Mike

. . ."Commit to each shot. . .and believe"!!

In my R7 Tour Bag:

Driver: Taylor Made R1 "Black" Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Shaft  Fairway:  RocketBallz #3 (15 degree) Stiff Shaft  Hybrid:  #3 (19 degree) Stiff Shaft,  Hybrid:  #5 Burner (25 degree) Stiff Shaft   Irons & Wedges: CGB Max '08 Black Steel Stiff Shaft. PW, SW, & LW. Putter: Rossa Modena...

. . .I used to use any decent ball I found until I started to get serious last year about playing more and getting better. (still definitely in the works!)

this is probably because the cold hardens the ball. If in the warmer weather they still feel like rocks it is probably because your swing isn't fast enough to compress them. If you cannot, the taylormade balls perform similarly but with lower compression, so a slower swinger can use them.

Try a sleeve of the Titleist DT Carry. It flies really well, rolls well on putts and lands really soft. It's about $20 for a dozen.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I need a recommendation too. I've been using the Bridgestone e5+ and I love the way it feels and spins around the greens, but I have trouble with it ballooning on full shots with my driver and irons. Bridgestone advertises it as a high trajectory ball and I naturally launch the ball pretty high, so it's not a great match. My driver swing speed is around 108 and 5 iron ss is 88 or so.

I have played the HX HotBite in in my last 2 rounds and it is a fantastic ball very very long and just seems to hold in the air forever, it does start to scuff up after 9 or so holes but with a soft feeling ball that cant be helped, I Highly recomend them, if your looking for something slightly cheaper then the Nike Juice is a good ball too.

I have played the HX HotBite in in my last 2 rounds and it is a fantastic ball very very long and just seems to hold in the air forever, it does start to scuff up after 9 or so holes but with a soft feeling ball that cant be helped, I Highly recomend them, if your looking for something slightly cheaper then the Nike Juice is a good ball too.

Thanks, I'll definitely look for a sleeve of these!

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I am a big fan of the Titleist NXT Extreme, it has felt the best for me of all the Titleist balls. Not to hard or too soft. I didn't care for either of the Pro V1 balls, felt way too soft, then again I am a hacker.

I want to pound the MEATHEAD & The METROSEXUAL from the Slazenger RAW commercial..

I might need to look into those Nike Juice ball, soft and cheap is always nice whne I'm buying golf balls.

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

HX Hot .
I switched to them from a Bridgestone e6 and I'm not looking back. I might be considering giving the HX Hot Bite a chance too. Just worried about the extremely soft cover.
I really do question whether Titelist makes a superior ball or if their intense marketing brainwashes everyone into believing a Titelist ball is better than anything else. For 12+ years, I would play ONLY Titleist (DT90, HX Tour, HX Spin, Tour Balata, etc.). 2006 I switched to Bridgestone e6 and then in 2007 I went to HX Hot. Really love the HX Hot.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I use the HX Tour and HX Tour 56, I like the feel and the spin I get with the HX Tour 56.

Regards

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Note: This thread is 5893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!