IGNORED

Favorite Golf "Games"

iacas
Note: This thread is 6808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
What are your favorite golf betting games? This week's Trap Five ( click here in a few hours) is a good starting point:

5) Bingo Bango Bongo
4) Handicap Mulligans
3) The Wolf
2) Stableford/Southern Point
1) Nassau

What do you play?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We call it Barrelheads or Greenies (known by many other names too). Its closest to the pin on par 3's. Closest shot to the pin wins the $, but....1) he has to be on the green...2) he has to at least make par....3) if someone farther away makes birdie, he has to make birdie to win the greenie. No winner means it carries over to the next par 3. Birdies pay double.
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

My thursday group plays "6 holers with dots"

6 holers is where you partner up with each of the other 3 players in your 4 some. You play against the other two.

Each 2 man 6 holer team plays team dots. Dots are greenies and skins on every hole. Whoever gets the closest to the pin in regulation has to two putt or better or he loses the dot. You get a dot for an up and down out of a trap. You get a dot for a skin.

We also play individual nassau for four $1's. If you win all ways you can win $4.

When we have five players in one group sometimes we play wolf. In our group (0-3 handicappers) it takes serious balls to call wolf.

Dots are worth $1.00. If one guy shoots a 68, he'll win $30-40. But usually most the bets even out.

Greenies almost always, skins sometimes and the rare nassau. Never approaches what anyone would deem as "high stakes" stuff. Unless I'm teeing off early - like I am in about two hours - I'm reluctant to get into anything but the greenies. (I've noticed that once the "beer cart girl" has made a couple of stops on afternoon outings, the rules aren't followed as closely as what I'd like to see where my wallet is concerned. )

Rick

Note: This thread is 6808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!