IGNORED

Haven't Upgraded iPhone in Awhile - AirTags Will Change That

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Still using an XS and really haven't felt like I needed to upgrade my phone. Now with the new AirTags, I think I'm going to get a new one just for the U1 chip, lol.

I like this strap, always losing my sunglasses.

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 11.17.22 AM.png

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Really?

I have no real interest in AirTags.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My first thought was "Don't see a use for those."  Then, watching the videos, I thought "Hmmm... Might be handy on a keychain."  (In fact I've a set of keys for the mower and the shed I keep misplacing.)  Then the first video mentioned tagging luggage.  Then I found out how nearly every iPhone on the planet would become part of the "find my AirTag network."  Ok, I don't know how useful that'll end up, in practice, but it is pretty darn cool :)

Golf related: I think I've seen 2-3 posts here or on another golf forum where golfers have lost their range finders.  Either left them stuck to carts or they fell off their bags somewhere on the course.  Hmmm... stick an AirTag on it?

Don't know as I'm going to run right out and buy any, but I probably will before the next time my wife and I do any air travel.

I have locators on keys, wallet, cat, remote. They're especially useful for parents who misplace things like crazy. Me personally haven't lost my keys or wallet for a long time, actually, never, but I do misplace them, and finding them when they have a locator saves a lot of time, find it right away instead of searching for 10 minutes. The other day I was driving and couldn't remember if I left my wallet in my jacket which was in the trunk. So I beeped it without having to get out of the car, which reassured me. My last round, I dropped my sunglasses but luckily found them, eventually I'm gonna lose them, and they're not cheap, so I'm gonna AirTag them.

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

59 minutes ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

I hadn't thought about AirTag'ing the cats :-$

A cat can find a lot of hiding places in a house. If kitty's owner gets antsy and can't find him, very handy way to locate him quickly. I've found a few of my cat's hiding places. Not my cat, but lots of people put a Tile on their cats.

Blog_Body_Image.jpg?fm=webp&q=90&w=1920

Steve

Oh, yeah, it sounds like a neat idea.  Wouldn't work for us, though.  Our cats have never had collars on them.  When we added a new cat we tried to put a calming collar like he had on our existing cats and they were having none of it.  Even the new cat, once the existing calming collar had expired, would not tolerate a new one.

• iacas changed the title to Haven't Upgraded iPhone in Awhile - AirTags Will Change That
Note: This thread is 1072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!