IGNORED

No Active or Rated Tees on Course

Elmer
Note: This thread is 1092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure where this topic should have landed, Rules? Course?

Agreed to play a round with my father and his friends, took the time off from work, committed to playing.

Then I find out the course is not rated for GHIN purposes. My local association provided the following

"Fairways at Halfmoon does not have a valid rating, and although they are on our schedule to be rated in the future they have not expressed interest in going through the process (and paying any costs that may be incurred).  So you will not find their info in the mobile app."

Does this mean the round I am due to play does not count toward my handicap? Is there a work around?
Or am I spending 4 hour and $50 for nothing?

image.png.e6ef8305b1d7e0301e8a6897f6f22bbe.png

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Agreed to play a round with my father and his friends, took the time off from work, committed to playing.

Then I find out the course is not rated for GHIN purposes. My local association provided the following

"Fairways at Halfmoon does not have a valid rating, and although they are on our schedule to be rated in the future they have not expressed interest in going through the process (and paying any costs that may be incurred).  So you will not find their info in the mobile app."

Does this mean the round I am due to play does not count toward my handicap? Is there a work around?
Or am I spending 4 hour and $50 for nothing?

You're not allowed to post this score for your handicap, or any score you shoot on an unrated course.  However, I'd hesitate to suggest that spending 4 hours with your Dad amounts to "nothing".  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Informative 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

You're not allowed to post this score for your handicap, or any score you shoot on an unrated course.  However, I'd hesitate to suggest that spending 4 hours with your Dad amounts to "nothing".  

Well handicap does not really matter to the these old times, they will knock the ball around and still write whatever number they want.

I however, have been working on my game and trying get my handicap down.
I guess it will be good to shoot a round with no consequences.
But if hit a hole in one from the rated tees, did it even happen?

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

3 minutes ago, Elmer said:

But if hit a hole in one from the rated tees, did it even happen?

If you're the one buying drinks at the end, it happened!

• Funny 1
  • Informative 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 1092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!