IGNORED

Old Tommy Armour Irons

Note: This thread is 1058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is the difference between the 845s silver scot and the 855 iron.  Which is a bigger hitting surface, and is the 845 oversized the bigger one? I am looking to build a graphite shaft 3 iron for hitting long shots.

21 minutes ago, kbbgood said:

What is the difference between the 845s silver scot and the 855 iron.  Which is a bigger hitting surface, and is the 845 oversized the bigger one? I am looking to build a graphite shaft 3 iron for hitting long shots.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, kbbgood said:

I'm just wondering which is the bigger face of the 3.

Well I think the key clue is the word ‘oversize’ no?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • Here is my full list: The Ocean Course 13 - 100 Winged Foot West 10 - 99 Bethpage Black 15 - 92 Shinnecock 16 - 88 Friar's Head 16 - 84 Merion East 11 - 69 Merion East 18 - 67 NGLA 4 - 58 Yale 9 - 57 Pine Valley 10 - 54 Bethpage Black 4 - 52 Merion East 17 - 50 Friar's Head 10 - 48 NGLA 16 - 46 Harbour Town 18 - 45 The Ocean Course 17 - 43 NGLA 17 - 40 The Creek 11 - 37 Pine Valley 7 - 35 Shinnecock 18 - 29 Pine Valley 18 - 25 Friar's Head 15 - 24 Pine Valley 13 - 23 Shinnecock 11 - 21 TPC Sawgrass 17 - 20 NGLA 3 - 15 Pine Valley 2 - 8 Merion East 16 - 7 Pine Valley 5 - 3 29 total. I've been pretty lucky, but a lot of these come from a handful of courses. Pine Valley, Merion, NGLA, and Shinnecock makes up 17 of them. 
    • Wordle 1,080 3/6 🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Day 16 - Hit the range and played 12 holes. Seeing results from Evolvr analysis, but it’ll take time to achieve consistency.
    • Wordle 1,080 4/6* 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜ 🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩   nice eagle @Clemsonfan  
    • @Hardspoon and I will have to discuss it over for the next one. 😛    Just to give a short review of the courses.  NorthStar is a pretty good course. The condition is good. There was a couple of meh holes (#16 and #18 specifically). Nothing really stood out as amazing. Yea, probably like a 6/10.  Eaglesticks, I think from tee to green is really interesting. Some of the greens, more so pin positions were a bit crazy. Like, if you slightly missed you would have a putt that could not stop with in 15-Ft of the hole. Maybe a 5.5/10 something around there.  The Virtues, still good as ever. In really good condition. Being it is in a similar part of the state as Eaglesticks, it shares the same hilly terrain. Eaglesticks is more compact, so it might have more extreme slopes. While the Virtues is on a larger property and was more selective in where the holes were built. The green complexes at The Virtues seemed fairer than Eaglesticks. Still, I think a very good public course that can challenge you to hit a good tee shot. The approach shots are interesting. I still think I would recommend people make the trip to play if they haven't done so. Probably a 7/10.   

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...