IGNORED

HiBore XL vs HiBore XLS

Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i have the Hibor XL and i like it very much. I was wondering has anyone hit both the XL and XLS? and if so what differences are there besides looks

In My Bag:
Driver-G10 10.5 pro launch blue
3 wood-Burner TP 14.5
2i-hibore hybrid 19 stiff
irons-J33bWedges-:54 vokeyFEEL wedge company 60putter- white hot xg #1ball-pro v1

• 3 months later...
I´ve switched from XL to XLS because mine was no conforming and the seller replaced it free with the new model.
Same shaft and specs, it performs the same. Spend money on the upgrading doesn´t worth the waste.

Hibore XLS 10.5º Yellow Reg
909F3 13º Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Reg
Big Bertha 17º Reg
585.H 21º Graphite 4175 Reg
804.OS 4-9 Graphite 3975 Reg Vokey Spin Milled 48.06 54.14 60.10 Tess G2 35" ProV1XHome course: Ria de Vigo Golf Vigo (SPAIN)

My brother-in-law ( a 2 handicap) switched from the HiBore XL to the XLS at the beginning of the year. After a few months, he switched back to the XL. He did not like it at all.

I also play a Cleveland HiBore XL and love it. I hit his XLS a few times and didn't care for it either.

Personally, I think the HiBore XL for $149 is one of the best driver deals out there right now.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

i have the Hibor XL and i like it very much. I was wondering has anyone hit both the XL and XLS? and if so what differences are there besides looks

not much difference at all. are you going to hit it straighter & longer?

maybe but not at a rate that you will notice, because at the end of the day you still have to swing the club. get the xl because its more then 1/2 of the price of a xls. if you have money to burn go ahead and get the xls, which is a great club as well. if you want a hibore xls read this: Players who struggle with over-the-top swings that result in slices may find some measure of salvation in the XLS driver. It minimizes cut sidespin substantially. If you've tried to fix your swing and couldn't, or like many players these days you simply don't have time to work on your game, the XLS may be worth a look. It's forgiving nature and good distance are likely to keep you in the fairway more than your current driver. Those who naturally draw the ball or who want to work the ball off the tee should look to the XLS Tour or elsewhere entirely. The HiBORE XLS is a huge improvement over the original HiBORE. Even though feel is distinctly dampened in this model, compared to the original this is practically a forged muscleback. Distance is much improved… and it's far louder. Well, in this case, maybe two out of three isn't bad. glad i can help, just pm if you need more info

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Out of curiosity....how was the non-conforming XL? Longer? Straighter? Higher launch?

non conforming I believe has a bigger sweet spot.

I prefer the XL over the XLS. That's why I didn't make the switch....but I like the colors of the XLS. its just aesthetics though.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Out of curiosity....how was the non-conforming XL? Longer? Straighter? Higher launch?

I think it has something to do with the spring effect of the face. If it doesn't fall within certain limits, then it's non-conforming. But with HiBore it's only certain 10.5* drivers that are affected. I think a raised dot in the "H" on the sole is the indicator.

I have never hit an XLS, but I love my XL, especially since I've gotten my slice under control. With a good swing, it's long and straight and feels better than the other drivers I've tried. I've even grown to like the loud, piercing sound. And I just bought a like-new HiBore 3W (not XLS) for $65 - haven't had a chance to take to the course yet though.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

Maybe I am mistaken...but I once heard it was hotter off the face than allowed because the CT time the ball stays on the face.

you're right

this is from the USGA site Since inception of the spring-like effect standard, the USGA has examined thousands of golf clubs to determine compliance with its spring-like effect standard. Please note that spring-like effect is one of several criteria considered in determining whether or not a driver conforms to the Rules.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I have the XL and have demo'd the XLS several times. The XLS has a bigger sweet spot, even larger clubface actually. Other than that, I didn't see much a difference.

I have the XL and have demo'd the XLS several times. The XLS has a bigger sweet spot, even larger clubface actually. Other than that, I didn't see much a difference.

Which model is VJ playing? I think earlier in the season he was still with the XL

Which model is VJ playing? I think earlier in the season he was still with the XL

I am almost certain that VJ is playing the normal XL, not the tour or the XLS

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I haven't hit the XLS model, but I love my XL. I have hit some drives this season since getting the XL that just blow my mind. Just last week I blasted one down the first fairway and couldn't believe it was my ball when I finally got to it.

In My Bag:
SQ Dymo2 10.5
SQ Dymo2 15
a2 3-PW
Tom Watson Wedges 52, 56, 60 Unitized Retro 33"

• Administrator
I am almost certain that VJ is playing the normal XL, not the tour or the XLS

And I'm almost entirely certain that Vijay would never play a draw-biased club (the non-Tour versions). He hates the draw. He's very much like Hogan in that.

Edit: Vijay may play a version that doesn't say "Tour" on it (or not - the WiTB things are notorious for missing little details like that), but you can bet your knickers it's not got the closed face or heel-biased weighting of the non-Tour version. Since this question isn't really about what Vijay Singh plays, I think the OP would probably appreciate it if we could get back on topic. Have I pointed out that we've reviewed every HiBore driver on our site? If not, we have.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!