IGNORED

Differences in Women's Clubs vs. Men's Clubs

Hey guys, I'm curious if any of you know the differences between the men's and women's clubs.  The reason I ask is because I'm of super short stature, and have found it difficult to find clubs that have the proper lie angle.  Toe is always sticking up in the air unless there is some extreme revisions.  For hybrids, I have been told that they can not bend the lie, so don't have any proper options.

Since women are typically shorter than men, I'd think their construction ranges are different.  I tried a women's hybrid and it did seem to lie a little flatter than the male counterpart, but unsure if this was just a placebo.

I know there are some smart people here that may know more--is this a thing?

48 minutes ago, Effington said:

Hey guys, I'm curious if any of you know the differences between the men's and women's clubs.  The reason I ask is because I'm of super short stature, and have found it difficult to find clubs that have the proper lie angle.  Toe is always sticking up in the air unless there is some extreme revisions.  For hybrids, I have been told that they can not bend the lie, so don't have any proper options.

Since women are typically shorter than men, I'd think their construction ranges are different.  I tried a women's hybrid and it did seem to lie a little flatter than the male counterpart, but unsure if this was just a placebo.

Why haven’t you just had clubs fitted for you? Women’s clubs vary by length but more importantly their shaft properties. If you need shorter clubs they can be fit to you, length, weight, lie and shaft weight.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, Effington said:

I believe women’s club heads may also be a different weight than men’s. This is to give them a similar feel for the shorter club length and lighter shaft. If you have decent swing speed, it may be better to get fitted with your current clubs and have them adjust length, lie and swing weight as @Vinsk suggested. If they shorten the club length, they will add tip weight to get the swing weight correct.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I believe women’s club heads may also be a different weight than men’s. This is to give them a similar feel for the shorter club length and lighter shaft. If you have decent swing speed, it may be better to get fitted with your current clubs and have them adjust length, lie and swing weight as @Vinsk suggested. If they shorten the club length, they will add tip weight to get the swing weight correct.

Thanks, appreciate the ideas.  I did have my clubs fitted/adjusted, but suspect it was not done well.  IE, they cut them down but did not adjust lie angle or adjust weight.  I went back there a couple weeks ago to get a second opinion on this, and the associate was about to instruct his team to make adjustments without even measuring anything, which is where the red flags starting going off for me.