IGNORED

Titliest 913 D3 8.5 vs Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5

scwine
Note: This thread is 941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I found a discarded 913 D3 driver head today while playing a nearby course....... Wondering if I should go get it shafted and try it out compared to my current Callaway Diablo Octane?  Any thoughts?  

Tough call unless you don’t like the Diablo.  I’ve hit both, Titleist was meh… not impressed.  The Callaway was miles better.  I hit it fairly straight anyway and was amazed how far the Octane went for an older driver.  This was maybe 3 weeks ago too.  The Octane was just as far if not farther than my Ping G400max.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

Tough call unless you don’t like the Diablo.  I’ve hit both, Titleist was meh… not impressed.  The Callaway was miles better.  I hit it fairly straight anyway and was amazed how far the Octane went for an older driver.  This was maybe 3 weeks ago too.  The Octane was just as far if not farther than my Ping G400max.

Agree about the 913D3 and D2. 915 and 917 were better, and the TSi2 is way better. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Agree about the 913D3 and D2. 915 and 917 were better, and the TSi2 is way better. 

You are correct, Titleist has really upped the distance on last years TS models and even more so on this years.  The older ones always carried the moniker of being for people who were concerned with shot shaping over distance.  Now a days if you want to sell a driver, distance seems to be the number one concern and it’s good to see Titleist jumping on the bandwagon because they make nice looking driver heads

Note: This thread is 941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!