IGNORED

Changing your grip?

Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have had problems with slicing, I saw a tip from Gary Player on the golf channel on how to properly grip the club, he drew an X on the (left) glove hand on the 2nd knucle, I tried this today (at the range) and the ball was going longer and straighter for me. I was actually hitting a nice draw around 240 yds of carry,I can't wait to try it on the course. Then again..... I imagine I will get out there and slice away.

Has anyone changed their grip with success and does anyone have any other grip tips or similar stories.

I want to pound the MEATHEAD & The METROSEXUAL from the Slazenger RAW commercial..

I forgot to add that you should see the X on the glove while in your stance, in my former grip I could never see my 2nd knuckle, the grip was more in my palm whereas Player said it should be on the fingers.

I want to pound the MEATHEAD & The METROSEXUAL from the Slazenger RAW commercial..

I change my grip for the sort of shot I want to play bogey Boy

weak grip = fade (or slice)
strong grip = draw (or hook)
practice makes perfect,I need to practice more. best of luck on your next round

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

I want to try that...

WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

This is a great tip....Quite a few people say the first thing you should check if your slicing is your grip...usually you'll find, just like you did, that you have what's called a weak grip. Good luck let us know how your next round goes

Many players do this and it can be a good way to do it, just make sure you practice, practice, practice to get consistency when practicing grip changes.

I for one never change my grip. It stays very consistent. If I want to work the ball a certain way, I will set up the clubface and then grip the club if that makes sense. I change "where" I grip the club instead of "how" I grip the club. This works for me, and Mr Eagles way works for him, so just practice and find out which way gives you the most consistent shot-making abilities.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Note: This thread is 5867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!