IGNORED

Theory - All Clubs Should Have the Same Lie Angle?

iacas

• Administrator
8 hours ago, cipher said:

In some cases(individual height dependent) would shortening a shaft on a driver or 3w shaft be the only way to really get a lie angle more upright on longer clubs, if that is what the person would need? Or am I thinking about this incorrectly?

I mean, you can do a few things if you're drooping the shaft too much but can't literally just make the lie angle more upright:

• Swing slower. 😄
  • Stronger shaft in relevant parts of the shaft (probably minimal change).
  • Lighter clubhead or more weight toward the heel of the clubhead (moves the center of mass more toward the shaft).
  • Shorter shaft (both of the first two bullet points probably the by product) as well as it playing more upright.
8 hours ago, cipher said:

I've noticed over the years the shorter I've made my shafts(I'm at -1" now on irons and 43.5" on my driver), and the stiffer I make the shafts, the the less I tend to miss my long irons right, the more I tend to hit them out of the center, and the less I tend to miss the driver in all directions and out on the toe.

That's good. We can test your irons here when you're down for this to see what kind of angles you're delivering.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

I've been adjusting my iron this way for quite awhile. The shorter irons are flatter and the longer iron are more upright. Mine don't follow the usual progression that comes with a normal set. Works great for me.

• 6 months later...
  • Administrator

This should start at the 50:00 mark. It's Michael Neff talking about this specific thing.

Maybe @Adam C will listen to it, and realize that something like GEARS and a guy who has spent his lifetime working with 3D, understands stuff like this more than almost anyone in the world, and who appreciates how complex 3D can be with shaft droop, face angles, etc. can be. 😛 Maybe he'll understand what I was trying to talk about earlier when I started the topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It is very interesting. I have an older set of forged irons I could try this out with. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave