IGNORED

Shaft Length and Lie Angle

Note: This thread is 757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wife approved me the budget for Mevo+, but at my level (1 years experience 106 scores last two rounds) and I only hitting into a net, the Mevo+ might not benefit me much. 
I’m thinking of upgrade old hand me down equipments plus some training aid instead. My equipment is ping g30 iron set with Std. black dot.
The past few month I already upgraded driver to Ping G SF tech and just recently ordered Callaway steelhead XR 5 wood standard length. I also order putting mat and thinking about orange whip to help improve my swing. I already have plan for pro-lesson as well.
I take a look at Ping Chart and at Ping actually recommend using Red dot (1 degree flat)  stardard length.

My question is, I’m okay to continue using G30 black dot. Will I see affect from 1 degree difference lie angle? How much will it cost to have my set fitted? I’m 5’7 should I shorten the shaft length of driver and fairway wood? 

• iacas changed the title to Shaft Length and Lie Angle
  • Administrator

You're fine for now, I'd say.

1° in lie angle with the driver won't affect your play much at all.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/10/2022 at 8:17 PM, iacas said:

You're fine for now, I'd say.

1° in lie angle with the driver won't affect your play much at all.

Hi Erik - the degrees offline in that post - is that start line? Presumably to the extent that the lie angle is off, there will also be a spin factor? Could you add that in? Like assuming that the spin axis is at the same angle as the lie is off, then the spin rate at standard for the loft would result in a ball that curves an additional x? Or do I have the wrong end of the stick?

Edited by iacas
fixed spelling of my name

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Ty_Webb said:

Hi Erik - the degrees offline in that post - is that start line? Presumably to the extent that the lie angle is off, there will also be a spin factor? Could you add that in? Like assuming that the spin axis is at the same angle as the lie is off, then the spin rate at standard for the loft would result in a ball that curves an additional x? Or do I have the wrong end of the stick?

It's all explained in that topic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 months later...
Note: This thread is 757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!