IGNORED

TRUE Linkswear Ripstop

Note: This thread is 760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nope not one bit. Oh well

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• 1 month later...

Anyone ever throw either the ripstop or knit ii in the wash and dryer? What a pain in the ass getting the soles and laces back in/on. Both came out just fine. I think the rips actually shrunk a tad. Not an issue since they run a tad larger than most Trues. Maybe it is just me. I wish True still sold replacement laces. Knits seem to be fraying. Will keep an eye on this. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator

I've watched Knits. Just throw them in the washing machine, after I take the insoles out. I think I have tied the laces in the past. They don't fray and the laces don't come out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

March 29th. New True colors. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

I decided to wear the Ripstop today for the first time on a golf course. This shoe is exactly as advertised. To back up a bit this shoe does run big.  They are not a waterproof shoe but very much water resistant. It also does not offer a barefoot platform.  Now the positives. The wool liner is great and does keep your feet warm.  The Rips offer a sneaky good heal lock that is in my opinion very sturdy. I was actually shocked how well this shoe performs on the course. Yes you will need to lace them tight to lock in the heal and the shoe leaves room in the toe box. If you have bought a pair and they feel a bit big try washing them and put in dryer. Mine did shrink up a hair which makes them perfect. Another option you can try if you don’t want to wash and dry is put the shoe liner that comes with the Majors or OG premiums. Of course you can always return for the 1/2 size lower. Anyway you go this is a terrific shoe that offers comfort and playability. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

It also does not offer a barefoot platform.

?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@iacas the Ripstop has more of a sport platform than the True Original platform. Still not like the other brands but not a true barefoot platform like the Originals. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

@iacas the Ripstop has more of a sport platform than the True Original platform. Still not like the other brands but not a true barefoot platform like the Originals. 

It’s still dependent on your definition. I don’t know that I agree.

True refers to it as traditional  compared to minimalist which would be the Originals  

• Transitional Drop (~6 mm)

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

True refers to it as traditional  compared to minimalist which would be the Originals  

• Transitional Drop (~6 mm)

Meh. It’s also lightweight, flexible, and has a wide toe area.

6mm is not much.

@iacas in total agreement. Very cool shoe looks to performance. My next pair will be a 1/2 size smaller. Cannot wait for a dry summer day to see how they cooling aspect works. The Originals make my feet sweat. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

@iacasand others. I would be curious to read how you rate the rebranded Trues(The Originals and Outsiders forward, sorry no sensei). Top 5 maybe. I can only do 4 since I never owned a few of the models. 
The Original, Ripstop, True Knit ii, The Major.  Did not like the eco knits.  Depending on the new colors offered and model on March 29th will perhaps be adding OG sport or Lux sport. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator

Rate them how? Much better than the years in the wilderness.

Was thinking performance and comfort combo. Its ok will move on from topic. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Note: This thread is 760 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!