IGNORED

What happened? Please help!

Note: This thread is 5875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went out yesterday for the first time this year, though I've been swinging year round thanks to heated ranges and indoor sims.

I ran into a huge problem on the course that I could not figure out. My ball contact was horrible. I was fat on long irons, and almost every close chip or pitch shot I took ended up skipping across the green. My driving was decent, but my hybrid 3, usually my best club, was wildly inconsistent. I'd drill one straight 220+, then hit a low screaming slice, then I'd hit a floating slice.

It seems like all the work I did in the off-season has netted me 0 results. I think my biggest thing is getting consistent ball striking again. I had no idea what type of flight or distance I could expect out of any of my clubs because my contact sucked.

-----------------------------------------------------
Driver - MX560 10.5 stiff
Hybrid Tour Edge rescue 18 degree
Irons - Knife 3-PW
Wedge - SV Tour 58 deg.Putter - Harmonized 425 Soft TouchBall - e6+or Feel

its the fact that you hit off mats for a while. it takes time to get used to taking divots.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I hope that's it. It would make things much simpler...

Irons - Knife 3-PW

You'll be alright bud, I just went through the same thing, keep in mind it's early, and I've played there, you're lucky, you've got a lot of great golf in that city, at good prices.

Don't get too excited. It could simply be that you're a little rusty. I played Saturday and had trouble hitting some of my favorite clubs.

It might also have something to do with the conditions of the course. I played in soggy conditions, and it just made everything more difficult.

One thing that helped me was that I didn't focus on scoring well. Instead, I just tried to relax and get into a rhythm, and focused on addressing some of my mental mistakes, which are swinging too hard off the tee, and chipping and putting tentatively.

Well, I hope things improve for you (and me).

- k

Yeah, very true. It hurts when you're playing with a guy that shoots 3 over...

Irons - Knife 3-PW

Note: This thread is 5875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!