IGNORED

Pushing everything to the right

Note: This thread is 5872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I went to the range last night for my first real session of the year. I was pushing everything to the right about 20yds off the target line. It wasn't a slice, it just started right and stayed there. I set a club up at my feet to make sure my alignment was correct but still saw similar results.

I weakened my right hand grip and that seemed to help, but are there any obvious things that I may have missed that could be causing this?

Thanks.

So I went to the range last night for my first real session of the year. I was pushing everything to the right about 20yds off the target line. It wasn't a slice, it just started right and stayed there. I set a club up at my feet to make sure my alignment was correct but still saw similar results.

Check the line of your shoulders as well. I would be willing to bet that they are slightly open...... Hope this helps.

We cannot diagnose this properly on the internet!

but, check your alignment, posture and swing plane..lol. For me, when im pushing it right, i look at all the above and BALL POSITION. An intelligent objective eye should be able to help. Just ask your friends (don't know how popular you are- me, im not very..lol) to stand behind you at address and check the fundamentals of your golf.

Cheers, hope this is useful.

tip...use your normal left hand grip--then put your right hand over your left soo that the Vbetween your thumb and index fingers almost points directly to your nose...it seems like you arent turning the club over after impact..

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I am going tomorrow. My boss used to be an assistant golf pro and a + golfer. He said he would work with me. He is great at explaining the golf swing in terms I can understand, plus he works for the affordable price of a couple of beers.

I've seen a lot of people get rid of the blocks (and I have as well) by perking up the left side (front shoulder and hip) while relaxing and kinking in the right side (ala part of Nick Faldo's posture drill). Among other beniefts it seems to promote the club to release through the ball. If you look at the setup of a lot of the pros you'll see this reverse K posture at setup.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/254...ballposdg0.jpg

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

what your describing sounds like a block, where you dont allow the shoulders and hips to clear, which causes the club not to turn over or release properly, and this could cause a push.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

So it definitely was an alignment issue. But I am not sure how to really fix it. My feet were properly aligned but my shoulders weren't. It felt like they were, however, they were not. My boss/instructor held a club along each of the axises (sp?) and they definitely were not paralell. I was aligning myself better when someone was helping me so hopefully I can get help until it becomes second nature.

Also he pretty much is having me start from scratch with my swing which is really difficult now, but I think will have dramatic effects in the long run.

If you stand up straight, your shoulders, hips and feet etc are all perfectly aligned. that is IMO the only check point you can use unless you have a mirror available.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Note: This thread is 5872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!