IGNORED

Will WOMEN ever get to PLAY the at the Masters?

under_par
Note: This thread is 5763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will WOMEN ever get to PLAY the at the Masters?

• Yes
    • NO
    • I will say No but mean yes since my wife is next to me :)
    • Sorry Ladies...Gents ONLY!!!!

I would love to see the women play on the Augusta course, but from reasonable tees for their game, and not at the "Masters". Just like we saw them playing St. Andrews for their British Open. Even thought the women are much better than 99% of all golfers, at least they are within the realm of possibility (the courses they play are similar length to what I play). They also give me false hope that I could play well (smaller people with modest muscle mass like me can play well). The men are playing a completely different type of course with a different game than what I play.

Driver: 400 SZ
Irons: Maltby custom fit KE4's
Sandwedge: Maltby Slider
Others: random selection

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

simply put...no.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

• Administrator
I would love to see the women play on the Augusta course, but from reasonable tees for their game, and not at the "Masters".

The members tees at 6200 yards would probably be perfect. A tad on the short side, but at least then we might see some LPGA players going for par fives in two.

Augusta doesn't really seem to be a "woman's dream" though, and I know I'm generalizing, but you never hear LPGA players saying they wish they could play there. It's been a "men's course" for so long to them that they probably literally haven't given it much thought. Their heroes tend to be Kathy Whitworth more than Jack Nicklaus. And I'm generalizing, and I get that, so I hope everyone else does too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Should women be invited to become members of the Augusta National Club- yes, ..this is currently against the club's policy.

Why? It's a private club. Why should they have to let anyone in that they don't want to? It's not like women can't go there. Besides, nobody complains when women form their own clubs. Or Hispanics, or African-Americans, etc...Only when white guys form clubs do people picket. Completely hypocrisy. During the whole Martha Burk affair, Hootie Johnson said they may one day accept a woman member, but that day is not today, and they won't do it because they were forced or bullied to.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Amen Corner- im playing Devil's Advocate-Augusta is a private little club and i don't think we should want to ruin this and fill it full of people from socially and politically aggrieved groups for reasons of positive discrimination- this never usually works too well.

i have no problem with it if they qualify, but i would want to see women regularly competing in other mens events before getting into the bid dance. UNLESS they qualify!

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Watching women play golf makes me sick, they should be cooking and cleaning at home.

i really hope you were kidding........

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Women & men are pretty close to competing on equal terms in marathon running and I recall a time when it was thought that running 800 metres would be too much for their poor, weak frames (that was a hot topic of conversation at the the 1964 Olympics in Tokyo, as I recall, but I would be willing to be corrected - it could have been 1960, Rome).

So, times change.

Women are progressing in golf, as has been noted - Lorena is hitting it far enough to compete with some proven winners on the PGA Tour. Annika's no mean pixie, either - and as for Laura Davies - say no more. Will women catch up? I wouldn't say no - the women's tour is younger, in effect, than the men's, and doesn't have the history, depth, experience of diet and training and the resources of talent to call on - so far. that won't be the case forever. .

But will a woman ever play at The Masters? I'd say no at this point but would not exclude a female winning something that would get them in. US or British Amateur is probably favourite, as the courses are a bit shorter so it may happen there first.

PS - Basher, mate, you really must work on your phraseology...

If a woman has the game (and not the hype) i wouldnt see what the problem would be. Short hitters have won PGA tourneys and majors before, so I cant imagine why a long ladies hitter like Ochoa couldnt compete with men.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

stamina?? gimme a fu#$ing break! Why do women compete at the Olympics then? Why would you get your ass handed to you by the women on American Gladiators? Because women can..what the hell kind of a sexist comment was that?? Wow, some people are really misinformed....

Here is another question. Why can the LPGA have an event at Augusta for themselves? I think women should get a chance to play at Augusta in some profesional form. I would be very interested to see how the lady do on this course.

So chairman of Augusta, why can't the LPGA have an event there?

"I am woman, hear me roar"

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!
Life is too short not to tried everything out there

In the BagDriver: SuperQuad 10.5 REG BABYWoods: TP 3 or 5 woods R7 stiffIrons: AP1 4-PW w/Project X 5.5Wedge: Spin milled 54 (bent to 52) 56 & Special Grind "P" 60Putter: Gauge Design Japan " The Balde"Ball:...

Here is another question. Why can the LPGA have an event at Augusta for themselves? I think women should get a chance to play at Augusta in some profesional form. I would be very interested to see how the lady do on this course.

If I were a member, my first response would be "no thanks." Already have the Masters, plus the course is closed a good bunch of the year. Why close it another week for another tournament. Plenty of other places to play. Nothing to do with the fact that it would be women, I wouldn't allow the Skins Game, or the Ryder Cup, or any other tourney there for the same reason.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Women & men are pretty close to competing on equal terms in marathon running and I recall a time when it was thought that running 800 metres would be too much for their poor, weak frames (that was a hot topic of conversation at the the 1964 Olympics in Tokyo, as I recall, but I would be willing to be corrected - it could have been 1960, Rome).

Women will soon be running faster marathon times than men will.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

If I were a member, my first response would be "no thanks." Already have the Masters, plus the course is closed a good bunch of the year. Why close it another week for another tournament. Plenty of other places to play. Nothing to do with the fact that it would be women, I wouldn't allow the Skins Game, or the Ryder Cup, or any other tourney there for the same reason.

That is a bit harsh if you think about it. I am sure that two weeks out of the year they could accomidate two event there. I would think that right after the Masters they could have the LPGA play there but I guess non of us are Chairman of Augusta so we can't make that decision.

Now what would we call the LPGA event at Augusta?...Slaves? hahaha

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!
Life is too short not to tried everything out there

In the BagDriver: SuperQuad 10.5 REG BABYWoods: TP 3 or 5 woods R7 stiffIrons: AP1 4-PW w/Project X 5.5Wedge: Spin milled 54 (bent to 52) 56 & Special Grind "P" 60Putter: Gauge Design Japan " The Balde"Ball:...

From what ive read, even the members only get to play there like 4 months out of the year, and they are practically chastised by Augusta National for doing so. I cant imagine the members (who probably pay hundreads of thousands to play there) would give up the course again for the several weeks it takes to set up the place for a major professional event.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!