IGNORED

Big Break Ka'anapali

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I hate that Liz got sent home, now the only reason I have to watch is Christina :) Who else wishes they could combine Tina and Courtney into one uberchick?

Not me. I can't stand Courtney. Her swing, her speech, her attitude... her clothes. Eh.

Keeping it on golf... her swing just doesn't strike me as the type that's going to be consistent at all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me. I can't stand Courtney. Her swing, her speech, her attitude... her clothes. Eh.

She looks like she has not slept in weeks. The circles under her eyes are darker than mine. Besides. I would combine her with Christina, not Tina.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Agreed, that's one ugly swing, not that mine looks good or anything

She looks like she has not slept in weeks. The circles under her eyes are darker than mine. Besides. I would combine her with Christina, not Tina.

You're missing the point -- Christina doesn't need any help (in her looks or her golf game), it's the other two that need all the help they can get. Especially when one shanks a drive OB with virtually no pressure on her at that point and the other relies on her husband to read her putts for her.

What's in my Datrek MSU Dawgs bag -

Driver - Predator Ti 9.5* Stiff
3 Wood - Predator Ti
5 Wood - Predator TiHybrids - 3DX DC Ironwood 18*/21*Irons - 3DX Red ComboWedges - 588 49*, Raw 56*Putter - Rossa Classic Imola 8Ball - Gamer

Another unimpressive immunity challenge. I know the hole was cut on a bit of a slope, but when you've had that many looks at it? If short game separates players, these golfers are in trouble. I think if Courtney goes home next week, we'll start to see some better golf as everyone will have to step it up.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Painful elimination challenge. I think Kim is the best player out there but somehow she ends up in these elimination rounds. Not much impressive shot making going on out there.

TGC Viewer Polls say that Kim is the favored strongest player left (38% of the votes), I say that Lori (16%) is by far the better player. There have been numrous times where she just puts the points up on the board on her first try. Folks, that's the difference rigth there. It took Kim what 5 tries to get it in that circle..which she missed all together. I say Lori is going to be the eventual winner.

Agreed, that's one ugly swing, not that mine looks good or anything

There is only one part, while two parts

, from Courtney that would help Christina. They have nothing to do with her game.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Painful elimination challenge. I think Kim is the best player out there but somehow she ends up in these elimination rounds. Not much impressive shot making going on out there.

There was actually some great shot making, just horrible putting. It was actually the first time they seemed to be hitting some big pressure shots. They just could not make a putt. Even Kim's 18 incher was in doubt.

• Administrator
Even Kim's 18 incher was in doubt.

Did you see her stroke? She takes it back outside, cuts across it like as if she's gonna pull it, but opens the face so she actually blocks it. It snuck in the right half of the hole. A HORRIBLE stroke from what I could tell on TV. Absolutely horrible.

These girls, I dunno. The fact that some of the former cast members are making cuts on the LPGA Tour shows the lack of depth on the LPGA Tour, I think.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Did you see her stroke? She takes it back outside, cuts across it like as if she's gonna pull it, but opens the face so she actually blocks it. It snuck in the right half of the hole. A HORRIBLE stroke from what I could tell on TV. Absolutely horrible.

They sure seem to have gone more for looks than game on this season. They just seem like they can't take any of the pressure. How bad is it when one person got up and down in the first 16 attempts. At least they were hitting greens this time.

They sure seem to have gone more for looks than game on this season. They just seem like they can't take any of the pressure. How bad is it when one person got up and down in the first 16 attempts. At least they were hitting greens this time.

I'm not sure I'm complaining...

In my Grom:

HiBore XLS 10.5 / ProLaunch Blue
Ti Great Big Bertha Warbird 3 Wood
Killer Whale 5 WoodPinemeadow Command 3 Hy Eye 2 + 4-9 Irons 588 RTG 49 "Special", Gunmetal 56, RTG 60 White Hot #5 Tour B330-RXEpoch Tees Royal Oaks Golf Club

I'm not sure I'm complaining...

Trust me. I'm not complaining. I just think some of them were better suited, no pun intended, for the pool race from the first episode than the LPGA Tour. Last nights elimination was crazy. They kept hitting good shots but could not get down. I was literally flopping back on my couch with each big miss.

Kim, Lori, and Christina are the only three that have the attitude necessary to make it. Out of those three, Kim is probably the only one with the swing to make it.

Two interesting things (I think):

1) I have played both of the courses at Ka'anapali. I'm not saying I'm a great player, but I can get around. I could not make a putt outside of four feet on either course or the practice green. The greens were so weird (crappy); and I've played Bermuda quite a bit. This was in the two days following my playing Kapalua (great greens), so that may be a partial reason.

2) I've played with Kim. A few holes, one time. I've seen her hit balls many, many times in person. I am not what you would call long (like 260-270), but she honestly is. This was in her college days, and she probably averaged 280-290. Not only that, she hits the ball very solid. Just watch the difference on the show between her strike from 105 yds. and everyone else's (besides Lori). Not a great putter, even then.

Don't know if that is anything to anyone, but I thought I'd share.

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 Tour 9.5*; Grafalloy PL Red
FW Wood: X 17*; Stock shaft
Hybrid: X 21*; Fujikura BanzaiIrons: X-18 Pro Series; S300Wedges: X forged 56* & 60*balls; tees; like $20 in change; chapstick; bugspray; a bunch of wrappers and such.

TGC Viewer Polls say that Kim is the favored strongest player left (38% of the votes), I say that Lori (16%) is by far the better player. There have been numrous times where she just puts the points up on the board on her first try. Folks, that's the difference rigth there. It took Kim what 5 tries to get it in that circle..which she missed all together. I say Lori is going to be the eventual winner.

I think Sam will win. She seems to be an under-the-radar type of player... hardly anyone has mentioned her in this thread. Nevertheless, she is quite solid in all the physical facets of her game (although she seems shaky mentally) and is a multiple winner in Europe.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Courtney's severe inside move on the backswing is probably why she looks so bad from 100 yards in. That type of move makes it very difficult to shorten your swing and still re-route the club back on plane. I think she must have a lot of raw talent to be able to get around the course with that inside move.

I think Kim, Christina, and Sam are the favorites to win. Sam is probably the most in control/balanced but lacks the killer instinct.

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

I'm not a reality tv person, but I've seen just about every season of this show (thanks to the DVR). They may not have the greatest golfers, but they have some really good looking woman this year. I think some of the poor play can be attributed to the amount of pressure these people are under. When you play a round of golf, even if it's for the club championship, you have a ton of oppurtunities to make up for a poor shot. These people often get one chance, and if they fail, they, and all there family and friends, get to watch it on tv.

I'm not a reality tv person, but I've seen just about every season of this show (thanks to the DVR). They may not have the greatest golfers, but they have some really good looking woman this year. I think some of the poor play can be attributed to the amount of pressure these people are under. When you play a round of golf, even if it's for the club championship, you have a ton of oppurtunities to make up for a poor shot. These people often get one chance, and if they fail, they, and all there family and friends, get to watch it on tv.

I agree with you about the one and done nature of the show to an extent. However, there have been several challenges where they play entire holes or have to play their ball from a spot until they get it down. Some of these ladies took 4 and 5 shots to get down from inside 100. That does not lead to too many wins at any level.

The pressure is immense I'm sure. With the one shot stuff especially. Last night when they had to hit the grid and then the circle it was tougher than typical golf. if you miss the green from 100 yards, you can chip up and try to save par. You rarely have to hit from the same spot until you get it inside a circle on the green.

Note: This thread is 5724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!